Author Topic: and yet another reason to wear a helmet  (Read 1563 times)

Offline TheHungarian

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 78
  • ‘13 V7
  • Location: East Coast, USA
and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:08:38 PM »
I'd never ride without a helmet, and this video just adds one more reason!

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/hgwujc/therefore_helmet_is_necessary/

 :violent1:
I've owned (at one time or another):
1976 Yamaha MX125
1978 Puch moped
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1993 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
1996 Honda VFR750
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:12:30 PM »
I'd never ride without a helmet, and this video just adds one more reason!

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/hgwujc/therefore_helmet_is_necessary/

 :violent1:

Trying to figure out what country that even is.   Those aren't love taps. 

If I were driving, that ride would have lasted about 100 feet from the first lick, and the bike would have been considerably lighter headed for the barn.

The next video in the collection is interesting too - an unstoppable enduro rider going around all the stuck and discouraged people.   Wish I'd learned how to do that, but I'd be laying on my side the first time I tried to ride up out of one of those ruts ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline TheHungarian

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 78
  • ‘13 V7
  • Location: East Coast, USA
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:52:38 PM »
Most definitely not love taps! I agree it would have been a very short ride if i was driving.
I've owned (at one time or another):
1976 Yamaha MX125
1978 Puch moped
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S
1993 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
1996 Honda VFR750
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline TobyJug

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
  • Location: Kamloops, BC
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 05:56:36 PM »
That reminds me of the time I rode from Leicester to Southampton following a pal on a Norton Commando.  It was in the early days of intercoms and he and his wife were both using them (Sonic as I remember).  It seemed like the whole journey his wife's head was bobbing about because she was talking the whole way.

Even so, I bought one myself later.

 
2014 Norge GT 8V

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
That reminds me of the time I rode from Leicester to Southampton following a pal on a Norton Commando.  It was in the early days of intercoms and he and his wife were both using them (Sonic as I remember).  It seemed like the whole journey his wife's head was bobbing about because she was talking the whole way.


On the other hand, just because she was talking doesn't mean he had his earpiece turned on!

Fay and I installed a pair of Sena units in our helmets ... we'd never talked together on the road, just ESP and the occasional hand signal or tap, and we found that we wanted them on about 1/4 of the time on a long day ride ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online LowRyter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 16853
  • Location: Edmond OK
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 08:29:43 PM »
I think she wanted off the bike.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6314
Re: and yet another reason to wear a helmet
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »
On the other hand, just because she was talking doesn't mean he had his earpiece turned on!

Fay and I installed a pair of Sena units in our helmets ... we'd never talked together on the road, just ESP and the occasional hand signal or tap, and we found that we wanted them on about 1/4 of the time on a long day ride ....

Lannis
I tried the headsets for my wife and I back in the 80’s. The set we had, I had to take them back. I told the manager that I couldn’t hear a thing my wife was saying. His response was “oh, I see you purchased the deluxe version” 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 I crack me up sometimes😂😂😂

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here