Author Topic: Ride report - 40 mile outing to upholstery shop became 133 mile mental refresher  (Read 1506 times)

Offline normzone

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3159
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
  • Location: San Diego CA
I went from my home in Escondido today to meet with an upholstery fellow in Poway who will be modifying the Russell Day-long seat on my Bassa. It was crafted for a previous owner who was shorter than I.

We agreed to meet again next week when I'll drop the bike off, and I called my wife and let her know I was going to try to recover from a shitty week at work by riding. I went out the east side of Poway, thinking I'd double back to Esco, but wound up going to Ramona, where I still could have doubled back to Esco, but kept going until Santa Ysabel, where I had lunch and called my wife to tell her I was actively resisting going to Arizona or Mexico.

She reminded me I had money in my pocket if I wanted to ride until I needed to get a hotel someplace. I went to Julian and fueled up, went to Descanso and visited the library there, where we discussed my possibly donating 200 keeper hardcover science fiction books. Then down to the 8 West and north to the 15 - 133 miles of sanity reinforcing riding.

I was thinking of giving the bike away because it needed turn signals - I feel better now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:41:44 PM by normzone »
"If you rode and survived a Kawasaki 750 H2 then you are already a legend" - Thank you [Huzo]

Offline Tom H

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3804
  • Location: So. Cal.
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
1973 R75/5 LWB
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14344
  • Location: Creswick Australia
I went from my home in Escondido today to meet with an upholstery fellow in Poway who will be modifying the Russell Day-long seat on my Bassa. It was crafted for a previous owner who was shorter than I.

We agreed to meet again next week when I'll drop the bike off, and I called my wife and let her know I was going to try to recover from a shitty week at work by riding. I went out the east side of Poway, thinking I'd double back to Esco, but wound up going to Ramona, where I still could have doubled back to Esco, but kept going until Santa Ysabel, where I had lunch and called my wife to tell her I was actively resisting going to Arizona or Mexico.

She reminded me I had money in my pocket if I wanted to ride until I needed to get a hotel someplace. I went to Julian and fueled up, went to Descanso and visited the library there, where we discussed my possibly donating 200 keeper hardcover science fiction books. Then down to the 8 West and north to the 15 - 133 miles of sanity reinforcing riding.

I was thinking of giving the bike away because it needed turn signals - I feel better now.
That post tells me everything I need to know about your approach to bikes  :bow: :thumb:

The seventh line tells me everything I need to know about how much your wife loves and supports you. The fact that you shared that snippet with us, says that you appreciate her.
As for the last line…?
They tell others where your life is changing direction, YOU get to decide where/when that change will be.
I trust the irony is not lost on you….
‘Love these bikes….
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 04:49:43 PM by Huzo »

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29699
Attaboy, Norman.  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline Scout63

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2692
  • Location: Orleans, MA USA
Great report.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline vintagehoarder

  • Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1012
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
  • Location: LaGrange KY
Love it!
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1986 Yanaha FZX700 Fazer
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
LaGrange, KY


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here