Author Topic: Norge front brake rotor options  (Read 2873 times)

Offline brider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1601
Norge front brake rotor options
« on: September 29, 2024, 09:20:41 PM »
I need a replacement left rotor for my '07 Norge, and in doing a general search I noticed very few sets (left & right) come with the pre-drilled holes on the right for the ABS ring (or is it a speed-sensor ring? Same thing?). I also read a cryptic post about their being a "fix" with a different sensor ring that can be used with EBC rotors.

What are the options to be able to retain the factory ring? Or different ring? I actually only need the left-side, maybe a used pair or left-only on ebay?
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
'05 KTM 950 Adventure
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14345
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: Norge front brake rotor options
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 02:47:08 AM »


Metal gear here in Oz do them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 02:47:54 AM by Huzo »

Offline blackcat

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 9182
  • Location: Floriduh
Re: Norge front brake rotor options
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 06:52:53 AM »
What's wrong with disc? Typical bound buttons?
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline brider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1601
Re: Norge front brake rotor options
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 08:44:12 AM »
What's wrong with disc? Typical bound buttons?

Truck pulled in front of me, hit it glancing blow on left side, totally warped left rotor & rotor mount. Right rotor is OK.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
'05 KTM 950 Adventure
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline guzzi ride

  • "One more day I find myself alive Tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground" Garcia/Hunter
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 787
Re: Norge front brake rotor options
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2024, 09:04:39 AM »
You can use rotors from all the Carc bikes, but you will need a front ABS ring from a Norge 8v or Stelvio. I have an extra left rotor
from a early Norge if your interested ?

Offline brider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1601
Re: Norge front brake rotor options
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2024, 01:20:24 PM »
You can use rotors from all the Carc bikes, but you will need a front ABS ring from a Norge 8v or Stelvio. I have an extra left rotor
from a early Norge if your interested ?

PM sent.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
'05 KTM 950 Adventure
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here