Author Topic: Cheesehead RIP  (Read 4538 times)

Online Tkelly

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1711
Cheesehead RIP
« on: June 15, 2025, 06:01:32 PM »
Great turnout at Rick’s memorial Saturday.For those who encountered his prickly personality ,as I did, found,there was much more to the man.I had my IT person attempt to post the obit but I don’t know if it went thru.

Online Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: Cheesehead RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2025, 06:46:38 PM »
I would have loved to go, but I'm dealing with some health issues. I had no idea he was Mensa..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Online Dave Swanson

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4841
  • Northern Illinois USA
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1970 Ambo
1971 Ambo
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S- Sparklehorse
1998 V11 EV HDM
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Cent
2022 V85TT
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Greg Field

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6035
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
Re: Cheesehead RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2025, 10:48:11 PM »
Kinda stunned Cheesehead doesn't get more love.

He was a legend, kinda in the same vein as Dave Richardson. Ever heard of MG Cycle?

I just found out today he had passed. This makes me very sad.

Cheesehead, you irrascible MFer: Wait for me in Guzzi Heaven. Prob'ly won't be long...

Online Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: Cheesehead RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2025, 06:07:39 AM »
There was another long thread that's off the page, Greg. Good to hear you are still kicking.. :grin:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Online Dave Swanson

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4841
  • Northern Illinois USA
Re: Cheesehead RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2025, 07:53:35 AM »
There was another long thread that's off the page, Greg. Good to hear you are still kicking.. :grin:

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=123149.0
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1970 Ambo
1971 Ambo
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S- Sparklehorse
1998 V11 EV HDM
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Cent
2022 V85TT
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Nolan

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 21
    • Woodbury Moto Media
  • Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Cheesehead RIP
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2025, 09:35:34 PM »
Just yesterday a friend told me about Rich's passing, so I'm sorry that I didn't see this sooner. This was a very talented and motivated dude - I remember both Cheese and Gordon filling me in on their dreams and aspirations for MG Cycle. Far as I can tell, they met every one and more. Hospitable, clever, funny and kind. Simply a fantastic dude and Moto Guzzi legend.

RIP Rich.       
Nolan Woodbury


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here