Author Topic: Givi V 7  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Vagrant

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2916
  • Location: Gainesville, Ga or Green Valley Az.
Givi V 7
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
anybody have the Givi 3D600 saddle bags and mounts on a V7? price is right.
how are they to use, waterproof? I haven't seen a set in person and although I like their bags in general many of them are mounted too high and far back.
any other recommendations? pics?
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2026 V7-850 Sport, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2025 V85 the fast red one! 2023 V85 Guardian of the Oreo's
L-196, L-197

Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24351
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: Givi V 7
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:43:43 AM »
any other recommendations? pics?

Though I've always like GiVi, and used them on previous Triumphs and BMWs, I've been using Hepco + Becker bags for about a dozen years, since buying a Guzzi that had them installed.  The H+B Junior hard bags are tough to beat for durability, weather proof, security, ease of use.  I have both 30L and 40L side bags, and the 40L topcase.  two of the cases came used from Ebay, so you don't have to buy them new $$$.

They have side case racks and a top case rack for the V7s.  Available in black or chrome.



« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:46:01 AM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Givi V 7
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:57 PM »
Since I started using HB's back in 2003/04 when I bought my Jackal, I've been a total HB Fanboy.

I've used these same cases on my Jackal, My Breva 1100, and now my V7.

I think the only thing I'd consider doing differently is IF I wanted to leave smaller frames/brackets on the bike I would consider going with the HB C-bows for the side bags, but I'd still use the HB topcases.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here