Author Topic: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$  (Read 79152 times)

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2016, 05:40:22 AM »
The V9 is a different concept and will be a platform for customizing and individualizing.

Moto Guzzi plans to have various kits and lots of accessories for this model so you can make it unique and to your liking.

^ I heard that in an Italian commercial on YouTube.

Acce$$ories, Acce$$ories, Acce$$ories.

Much like they've done with the accessory catalog for the V7.

It works for HD, why not for Guzzi?

2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:23 AM »
It works for HD, why not for Guzzi?

Because Guzzi owners are a bunch of penny-pinching, old grumpy bastards? :undecided: :boozing:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline tazio

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2822
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »
Because Guzzi owners are a bunch of penny-pinching, old grumpy bastards? :undecided: :boozing:

Busted again!
Current Fleet
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
Because Guzzi owners are a bunch of penny-pinching, old grumpy bastards? :undecided: :boozing:

 :boxing: I'd fire off a long and hateful response to this but my dial up internet is slow today and I'm in a generally dreadful mood.
 :grin: :afro:

Online LowRyter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 16852
  • Location: Edmond OK
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
They're built on the same frame.  The big difference is the change in seating position.  The V9 Roamer/Bobber foot pegs are moved forward and down from what you see in the V7.  V9 pegs are forward about where they are on the Nevadas, and downward because of the new lower frame rails.  The V9s have a much more relaxed seating position than a V7.

So, though the bike is "the same", the detail changes could make it more comfortable for taller riders, and riders with knee problems who don't get along with the V7's tight seat/peg clearance.

so perhaps the pegs and controls from a V7 could make for a sporty ride?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24351
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
so perhaps the pegs and controls from a V7 could make for a sporty ride?

You'd have to change the lower frame rails, which include the muffler hangers on the V9.

I'm sure it's all bolt-on, but not just a set of pegs.  I expect lower frame rail, rearsets, and fabricated muffler hangers.

The exhaust is pretty low on the Roamer and Bobber, and would probably be a ground clearance issue, once you raised the pegs.  So, you might need a new exhaust.

It would probably just be better to wait for the V9 Stone/V9 Special/V9 Racer coming next year... 
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline JeffOlson

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1643
  • Location: Oregon & Washington
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:29 PM »
It would probably just be better to wait for the V9 Stone/V9 Special/V9 Racer coming next year...

I'm looking forward to that!  :thumb:
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Dogwalker

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 834
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:09 AM »
Test of V9 Roamer and Bobber on the Italian magazine "Motociclismo", interviews with Marco Lambri (Centro Stile Gruppo Piaggio Director) and Leo Mercanti (Marketing Director Gruppo Piaggio).
In syntesis.
"The Griso will not die" (literal).
There will be a new Stelvio (in a not specified future), different from the current one and from the competitors in the segment.
Moto Guzzi consider the V7 to be of a smaller displacement than the V9 (and the new Street Twin) to be a value (so, expect an Euro-4 750 for now. They'll make a V7 850 only if the Street Twin will erase the V7 from the market).

Online rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24351
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2016, 11:06:00 AM »

"The Griso will not die" (literal).

I'd like to know more about what's in store for GRiSO.  1400cc ?  New bodywork ?  Hmmm...

There will be a new Stelvio (in a not specified future), different from the current one and from the competitors in the segment.

Good deal!  This should be interesting.


Moto Guzzi consider the V7 to be of a smaller displacement than the V9 (and the new Street Twin) to be a value (so, expect an Euro-4 750 for now. They'll make a V7 850 only if the Street Twin will erase the V7 from the market).

I've noticed in some of the magazine articles that they've mentioned V7 will be Euro-4 compliant.  We've all been expecting the V9 engine to migrate into the V7 line, but maybe Guzzi does see value in maintaining the 750 bikes for some markets.

I will be curious to see what is brought to The US market.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
Test of V9 Roamer and Bobber on the Italian magazine "Motociclismo", interviews with Marco Lambri (Centro Stile Gruppo Piaggio Director) and Leo Mercanti (Marketing Director Gruppo Piaggio).
In syntesis.
"The Griso will not die" (literal).
There will be a new Stelvio (in a not specified future), different from the current one and from the competitors in the segment.
Moto Guzzi consider the V7 to be of a smaller displacement than the V9 (and the new Street Twin) to be a value (so, expect an Euro-4 750 for now. They'll make a V7 850 only if the Street Twin will erase the V7 from the market).


Very interesting.

So either EU-4 compliant CARC 1200's and Heron head 750's

OR

Some possible motor revisions.

I wonder if they would switch the Heron head 750 to a Hemi to make emissions compliance easier?

And changes would the 8V CARC need?


Hmmmm
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline DaSwami

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 537
  • Location: NW Montana
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »
Toldya!  (Maybe)

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Toldya!  (Maybe)

Ha ha, guess we'll see...
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kevdog3019

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5648
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2016, 02:02:38 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Doesn't make much sense here in the States to me.  There is not a delineation (advantage) that a 750 brings vs. the 850.  The rest is a few ponies...
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Cam3512

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 6801
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Doesn't make much sense here in the States to me.  There is not a delineation (advantage) that a 750 brings vs. the 850.  The rest is a few ponies...

"Moto Guzzi, not making sense since 1921"
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »
"Moto Guzzi, not making sense since 1921"

Well, there ya have it. If they had any sense, they would have brought out the Ippo in 97, and jumped into a commanding lead in the mid sized market. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

canuguzzi

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2016, 06:05:17 PM »
Much like they've done with the accessory catalog for the V7.

It works for HD, why not for Guzzi?

Because HD makes more money selling key fobs than Moto Guzzi makes selling bikes.

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2016, 05:11:37 PM »
So either EU-4 compliant CARC 1200's and Heron head 750's ....
OR ....
Some possible motor revisions....

I would predict a 750cc version of the new 850cc for tiered license market, and an 850cc V7 family for North America, and other markets without Tiered licensing.   It cost $0 more to build the 850cc than a 750cc version of the same motor, and it would be much better positioned against the Street Twin.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online LowRyter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 16852
  • Location: Edmond OK
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline kevdog3019

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5648
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2016, 09:09:34 PM »
I would predict a 750cc version of the new 850cc for tiered license market, and an 850cc V7 family for North America, and other markets without Tiered licensing.   It cost $0 more to build the 850cc than a 750cc version of the same motor, and it would be much better positioned against the Street Twin.

My thinking too. If they keep the 750 it's for a special need. 
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Lcarlson

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2016, 10:16:12 PM »
If Guzzi has made the V7 Euro 4 compliant, the most efficient path would simply be to continue selling it as their tiered licensing starter bike in Europe. No changes needed, and anybody else who wants to buy it (they sell well) can do so. They can market the V9s as a separate niche, which seems to be the way they're already going.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here