Author Topic: Daytona Magni, CL, Santa Barbara  (Read 1858 times)

Offline chuck peterson

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5514
  • Location: New Haven CT
Daytona Magni, CL, Santa Barbara
« on: September 21, 2016, 06:30:37 AM »
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline yellowheader

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Location: Edmonton, AB
Re: Daytona Magni, CL, Santa Barbara
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:19:27 PM »
I think the '0' key is sticking on his keyboard :shocked:

Offline arveno

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1750
    • ddleathers.com
Re: Daytona Magni, CL, Santa Barbara
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
I thought the 4 valve engine was 1000 not 1100.

Offline Old Jock

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2655
Re: Daytona Magni, CL, Santa Barbara
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »
I thought the 4 valve engine was 1000 not 1100.

It is the Magni Australia was built using early Daytona 4V motors, so 1000cc. Pity there is not a decent shot of the headstock with the plate to inform you of the build number

I just lust after that bike, if it was in the UK I'd be seriously tempted, price is Ok as they are tending to fetch around 25K GBP that one is a little more but very low mileage.

Just stunning, the other problem is if I bought metal that exotic the first thing I'd be doing is tearing it down and installing Joe Caruso's gears and oil pump mod followed by roller tappets in quick succession. Then I just know if I was in that deep a C kit or equivalent would follow. So it would become a VERY expensive proposition.

I'd have one of these over an MGS 01 every day of the week.

Thanks for posting it up

John


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here