Author Topic: Wondering about Power Commander III  (Read 1466 times)

Offline not-fishing

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1232
  • Location: Folsom, Ca
Wondering about Power Commander III
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
Recently I purchased a well used Corsa Rosso and brought it back to California.

Of course trying to register an out of state bike here in La-La Land was an ordeal.  as in 6 hours in two separate DMV offices

The first office made such a deal on a 30,000 + mile bike from 2003 having an EPA sticker I was worried.  This is California where bureaucrats have a habit of MSU continually

So I called Moto International, who had the bike before, and they confirmed what my understanding of the registration rules are (no EPA sticker for a 7,500+ mile motorcycle sold in the US). 

Being a Belt & Red suspenders Guzzi Guy I looked for the sticker, headset -no, tank-no, left cover-no, right cover-no, Seat - well some info on EVAP and a Power Commander III but no "official sticker".  Thinking I may have to bluff-the-DMV-Inspector I took the Power Commander III off because it was a clear violation.

The funny thing is I could tell no difference starting the bike, riding the bike to the DMV, getting my Registration after a 3 hour wait and riding home.

So I'm probably just going to leave the Power Commander III off for a while and "ride the Rosso like I stole it" to see if anything has really changed.

Always an adventure

Mark
Griso 1100
Rosso Corsa Lemans
1/2 a V50 III (with my son)
V65 SP - Finished but the Dyna died so it's non-op'd
'75 850T with sidecar - a new project and adventure

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here