Author Topic: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
There some interesting products.  I like the brush top for connecting to a barbeque sauce bottle.  No need to put the sauce into a bowl first.  Just brush on from the bottle.  The individual butter churner is pretty neat too.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/food-drink/g2882/cool-kitchen-gadgets/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=100116 :thewife:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:35:47 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »
I think they fall about in this category when it comes to my already crowded kitchen storage.

1) I don't think I'd actually spend money for any of those.

2) But if someone gave me one in my Christmas stocking, I'd very likely try it out.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Caffeineo

  • Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 956
  • Location: Nampa, Idaho
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:57:35 PM »
Some really cool stuff there that I did not know I needed. Like the bacon cooker.  :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2023 Husky TX300
2020 KTM 500 XCW

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »
I like looking at the gadgets but it's in the category of "Do I really want to buy it?"  The bacon cooker is interesting but really...$30.  :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 07:09:22 PM »
I'm not really into kitchen gadgets.. but.. after trying one of these garlic peelers, I bought one. You will, too. :smiley:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/391428478692?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Penderic

  • Guest
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »



Start with the basics ...




After little practice and you would be amazed at the edible wonders you can recreate! And its' fun!

Mmmm, mmmm, mmm!




 :tongue:

Offline sib

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1745
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
I imagine those pulled pork shredders would be handy in a bar fight.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Online AJ Huff

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4263
  • Location: College Community IA
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »
Well, most of those are pretty dumb. I have the egg molds. That's a Japanese bento box thing. And I have a butter churn almost exactly like that one. From 1920 something. What's old is new.

-AJ
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
Does the butter churner work? 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Sasquatch Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 9600
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 09:06:35 PM »
  I did not know that fish had fingers.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 09:08:13 PM »
I've make a *lot* of butter back in the day by shaking a mason jar.. don't need no special tools.  :grin:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline tris

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2898
  • Location: United Kingdom
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 01:30:38 AM »
Theres a good argument that you should only by kitchen gadgets for yourself.

I bought my wife one of these last year

https://www.amazon.co.uk/%C3%BCutensil-Stirr-Unique-Automatic-Stirrer/dp/B00CB1X2SI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1482218839&sr=8-4&keywords=automatic+stirrer

I crashed and burned as its never been out of the box along with "I dont need no stinkin new fangled stirrer"!


PS
I like the fact that the original link is on "Popular Mechanics"
You can surf about looking at your favourite bloke site and buy pressies for you good lady (delivered to the door wrapped) without ever leaving your recliner or putting down your beer :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:36:15 AM by tris »
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »
I'm not really into kitchen gadgets.. but.. after trying one of these garlic peelers, I bought one. You will, too. :smiley:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/391428478692?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

My Mom bought a "Hard Boiled Egg Sheller" where you were supposed to just put the egg in it, push the handle, and out would pop a clean, shelled egg.

It never worked.   Just made egg salad every time.   Ron Popeil has a lot to answer for ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
"But wait, there's more!"   :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29700
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »
Does the butter churner work?

It's bound to. If you stir/shake heavy cream long enough it'll turn into butter.
Oh, try that garlic peeler. Once you do, you'll wonder why you haven't had one for a long time.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Penderic

  • Guest
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
Not as popular as they once were ....

Picnic Baskets!


 :cheesy:


Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: For you kitchen type foodies. NOT SPAM Kitchen gadgets.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »
It's bound to. If you stir/shake heavy cream long enough it'll turn into butter.
Oh, try that garlic peeler. Once you do, you'll wonder why you haven't had one for a long time.  :smiley:

I use a garlic press.  Easier for me.  I'm okay with crushed garlic.  :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here