Author Topic: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Skyguyz

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Location: Las Vegas NV. USA.
So today I attempted to install the alarm that I bought from my Moto Guzzi Dealer. There were no install instructions other than "Contact your MG dealer for installation." Of course the Mechanic was out sick. It is a big device and has a 9 pin connector. I tried but could not find the proper female harness, (*Routed all around the battery box and near all the electrical stuff near the neck. No dice???)

I'll wait and figure it out later. But I did install the fog lights and the mini wind deflectors. Looks great / works great!

Went for a ride on The Aprillia Caponord with my GF to Lovell canyon near Las vegas. It was supposed to be 70 degrees but it was more like 50...A bit cold but good to get out on the Adventure bike. It was the first time I had all three bags and my GF on the Aprillia. It did good. Went off on some easy trails and it did as expected. No issues. The tires are biased a bit more to street use than most adventure series bikes but it still performed within acceptable limits. Fun day.
































Offline NWrider

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »
What windshield are you using on the Capo?  I don't think I've seen that one before.   I'm using a Givi with an MRA wing on mine.

This time of year you've got to make the most of the riding opportunities -- looks like you and yours did so.

Offline harry h

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 125
  • Location: Los Angeles
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:21:32 AM »
Really like the fog lights.  I just got the saddlebags and tank bag for mine. 

Harry
1972 Eldorado
2016 Eldorado

Offline Brevaman

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 52
  • Location: W. Mass.
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
There's something about black and chrome........hmmmm m.  :thumb:
'08 Breva 750, the pretty one
'16 CB500X
'11 Suzuki DL650A sold
'09 Yamaha XT250 sold
'90 BMW K100LT sold
'80 Suzuki G850L sold
'70 R75/5 Black Beauty sold

Offline swmckinley54

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
So let me get this straight.....the fogs only come on with high beam and you cannot run the fogs with the DRL's (LED's)? Seems to me the Eldo needs the most help with the poor low beam output and for daytime I would want the fogs on with the LED's so other would be more apt to notice me. I don't get the thinking here on Guzzi part.


But hey Sky..... they do look good and I would get them but for the above mentioned reasons. How do the add on winglets do for wind protection, is it a noticeable improvement ? If so I would like to get them for my '16 Eldo.
Steven Mckinley
Austin, TX
2016 Eldorado

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14338
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
For heaven's sake Sky, will you stop photographing your "GF" with something covering her head. And just out of interest, ummm... What's her name ??? (it's fairly safe, I live in Australia) Really you're being a bit cruel, I mean it's like showing me a photo of your Pitt's Special....In a cardboard box !!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:40:57 AM by Huzo »

Offline waxi

  • The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 293
  • Location: Slovenia, Europe
Re: Eldorado fog light install & Aprillia Caponord pix today in Vegas
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 04:32:46 AM »
But I did install the fog lights and the mini wind deflectors. Looks great / works great!

Excellent! Can't be nicer! :thumb:
Moto Guzzi V7 II Special, 2015
Moto Guzzi Nevada, 1998
Tomos Automatik A3 ML, 1987, oldtimer

 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here