Author Topic: Has anyone hung dual Dyna Coils on a Tonti, can you share how you did it?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
I just had the heads on my 850T dual plugged, but I'm drawing a blank on to where to hang the dual dyna coils.  I wanted to weld a bracket under the gas tank, but there's not enough room.  (there probably is but I'm drawing a blank!)  Any suggestions, pics would help me out a lot!!!
Cheers,
Mother
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:30:09 PM by NCAmother »

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
When I got my T5 they were mounted inside the left side cover.  I didn't think about it as I got it that way.  The PO had mounted them such that one was up against the frame bar.  Over time it wore a hole in the side and shorted the coil, which also destroyed the Dyna III module.  I switched to VW coils and made a bracket to mount them under the left side cover.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
The Mille is the next generation of an 850T so I wonder what your 850T looks like. But this is where my Dyna's fit. And I believe I could put dual plug coils in that spot. right where the stock coils fit except you would need a different bracket/holder.  But there is enough room. 

Red 90 Mille GT

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
On the T the original  coils are positioned under the tank on frame provided brackets. I have Dyna coils in the same positions except that I used some angle aluminum from Lowes and fashioned  brackets to fit. There are some Dyna brackets available for some Beemer applications made from galvanized steel, but you would need to mod those anyway so the aluminum angle is cheaper and cooler IMHO.  The T sidecovers/ toolboxes would need some mods or completely be removed to allow mounting of coils ala T3/G5, LM1 etc
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Wildguzzi.com

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:59:13 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
You guys are awesome  :bow:  I have the beemer brackets, but they don't work, maybe modified.  I'd like to stuff the coils under the tank but it looks like there is not enough space

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
The tool boxes n the T take up the space where the coils are on the T5, etc.
Yep there is room between the cylinders.
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
I've made brackets and mounted them under the side cover.. and under the tank. There is room to do either.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
Under left side cover.  Made a plate that holds the bottom of both coils:

upload foto share link
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here