Author Topic: 411 on Brookside dealership  (Read 2989 times)

Offline motoTommaso

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 64
411 on Brookside dealership
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
I have recently moved and Brookside in Tulsa is my nearest MG dealership.  I'd like the 411 on any dealings and experience with them, pro or con. If you'd like your response to remain private, rather than posted here, please PM me your experiences.

Thanks very much.

Tommaso

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »
 Excellent dealership , although I've never done any business with Paul , most everyone in our area that has speaks very highly of Brookside . Just ask Luap , or rudyr , or Rocker .

 On a side note , are you living in Tulsa , or NE Oklahoma ?

 Dusty

Online Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28878
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »
OP....you have a red Breva 1100 bought in the Houston area?
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Darren Williams

  • Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1085
  • Life is too short to go slow!
  • Location: Oklahoma
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:40:44 PM »
I've bought 4 bikes from Paul and sold him 3 bikes.  And he says he wants my Thruxton.  All the deals were straight up and as promised. I have not had Brookside do any service for me so I can't speak to that one way or another.

Paul is a real motorcycle enthusiast, that is important to me.

Also this Sunday is the Fall Vintage Bike Show at Brookside. Starts at 11:00, goes until 2:00, and he provides a BBQ lunch free of charge (donations for the band and cooks are accepted). Good time and I try not to miss them.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline Luap McKeever

  • Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3803
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
  • Location: Mountain, Missouri
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »
Paul's a good dude and standup dealer.  I've traded/bought 3 bikes from him so far. All good experiences.  Tell him I sent you  :thumb:
Owner, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1996)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2007 Honda Goldwing GL1800

Past Guzzi's: 72 Eldo, 73 Eldo, 98 EV, 2000 Quota, 76 T3, 84 V65C, 98 Centauro,  09 Stelvio, 12 Stelvio, 17 MGX21

Offline motoTommaso

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 64
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »
No I don't have a Breva in Houston. 

I am enquiring primarily about service work that is more complex than a run-of-the mill BMW airhead.  Computers, fuel injection, power maps, etc. 

I can generally handle simple valve adjustments, brakes etc.  I'd like to find a dealer that can spot known issues like fuel pumps etc. and trouble shoot them before I breakdown in BF Egypt.

Offline ARGuz

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Location: Northwest Arkansas
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:07:34 PM »
I bought my 2016 Stornello from Paul.  Very honest and standup guy.  As someone else, real motorcycle enthusiast and that too is important to me.  Missed the vintage show on Sunday but will attend the Spring show.  Should have my 1966 Stornello done by then. 
Arkansas
2016 Stornello
1966 Stornello
1971 Honda CL100

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:02:48 AM »
Finally got my Cali 14 from these blokes, (It was a bit of a saga!) and they were great. This was in 2013

Pete

Offline Shorty

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3597
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
  • Location: Oklahoma
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »
Their excellent partners (Kinetic Playground) who handled their warranty work have since left Brookside Motors. I have not heard one way or another if they picked up a maintenace team that is comparable. Anyone had service done in the last couple years? How did it go? Thanks.

Offline Darren Williams

  • Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1085
  • Life is too short to go slow!
  • Location: Oklahoma
Re: 411 on Brookside dealership
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
Their excellent partners (Kinetic Playground) who handled their warranty work have since left Brookside Motors. I have not heard one way or another if they picked up a maintenace team that is comparable. Anyone had service done in the last couple years? How did it go? Thanks.

Brookside has one of TKP mechanics, one that never touched one of my bikes, so I can't say anything to his knowledge or capabilities one way or the other as I just don't know. Only Donnie and Dustin did work for me. Dustin is now working for Wesby Racing and getting a few rides. Donnie is working out of his residence with a few select customers. He said he was pretty full but if you have a history with him. He still has the same phone number as the old TKP.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here