Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
PSA: Nantahala closed for Labor Day weekend . . and beyond
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: PSA: Nantahala closed for Labor Day weekend . . and beyond (Read 1018 times)
nc43bsa
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1500
Location: Mooresville NC
PSA: Nantahala closed for Labor Day weekend . . and beyond
«
on:
August 30, 2019, 05:00:49 PM »
US Forestry service has closed 8 miles of the Nantahala River Gorge due to landslides last Saturday (24Aug.)
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...ahala-river-due-dangers-landslide/2150777001/
I passed through WNC last Tuesday, and when I stopped in Murphy I asked if the highway to Nantahala Outdoor Center was open. I was told it was, but only one lane, so I detoured via Hayesville and Franklin.
«
Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:55:39 PM by nc43bsa
»
Logged
1990 MilleGT
nc43bsa
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1500
Location: Mooresville NC
Re: PSA: Nantahala closed for Labor Day weekend . . and beyond
«
Reply #1 on:
September 09, 2019, 11:17:31 PM »
I passed through Nantahala today and the road was open fully and rafters were on the river.
The slide areas were clearly visible from the road and the road was a bit dirty there, also.
Logged
1990 MilleGT
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
PSA: Nantahala closed for Labor Day weekend . . and beyond
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here