Author Topic: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No? Question Answered. Closed.  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Tom H

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3804
  • Location: So. Cal.
I'm thinking of getting a set for my BMW. It's not a long distance, not a carve the twisties bike. More of an all around city with some freeway and curvy roads. I use my Guzzies for a distance ride.

How is the mileage with these? They don't need to last like a Commander 2, but don't need to stick like a race tire.

I was also thinking of the AM26, but they are not available in the sizes I need right now and don't know how long it will be before I can get them. Price is about the same. Should I wait for the AM26?

Thank you,
Tom
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 07:25:03 PM by Tom H »
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
1973 R75/5 LWB
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline kballowe

  • - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3101
  • Location: Villa Ridge, Missouri
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »
I go and look at the online reviews... and read them.  Gotta find those that actually have the information you want - not the Five-Star guy that just had them changed and is enamored with the tread profile.

Offline Guzzistajohn

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 12578
  • Location: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 04:39:08 PM »
I have a set on my LMIII right now, I don't have the mileage now, but the back didn't last long, however it did hook up really well. I'll run Shinko's next!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline LowRyter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 16848
  • Location: Edmond OK
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 04:51:54 PM »
My mechanic likes them.  He wanted me to purchase them when I needed a front on my Sport and a rear on my Duc. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10045
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 06:03:36 PM »
I had them on my v65, they worked very well, but I wasn't impressed with milage, the back was toast at about 4500, but I'm a big boy, so I'm sure that has a bit to do with it.
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15170
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 06:16:42 PM »
I put one on the back on my MZ Silver Star Classic 500 (350 lbs., around 30 hp) - it was done by 3k miles. Replaced it with a Shinko 712 that cost $20 less and went double the miles.

Despite that, I just installed a set on a customer's '78 V50, but only because I couldn't get my first choice (Avon AM26). 
Charlie

Offline Tom H

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3804
  • Location: So. Cal.
Re: Continental Go Tires. Yes or No?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »
Thank you for the replies. Very low mileage , but sticky compared to other options.

I think we can call this question closed!!

Again, thank you all very much!!!!
Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
1973 R75/5 LWB
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here