Author Topic: Where's Beetle?!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline CapitalGoose

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Location: D.C.
Where's Beetle?!
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »
Hey Ladies and Gents,

So I wanted to post yet another "high praise for beetle maps!" post, but I can't find beetle! Anyone know if he's ok/where he went?

I uploaded a new map for my '16 V7ii Stone with new Ago cans, and now she runs like a dream! I still get a bit of popping on decel, but I think it sounds cool and can live with it. No more surging and power for days!

Anyway, hope he's OK. Mark, if you're out there, you sir, are a SAINT!

Thanks again!
Best,
Crash

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 12:24:48 PM »
I believe he had a disagreement with the management and is found elsewhere like ADV and Griso(something or other).something these days (maybe Griso Ghetto).
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
 :drool: :wink: :bike-037:e
I believe he had a disagreement with the management and is found elsewhere like ADV and Griso(something or other).something these days (maybe Griso Ghetto).

 Actually that isn't what happened .  Whatever issues Mark or Pete had , it wasn't with the management , or at least not according to them .

Dusty

Offline CapitalGoose

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Location: D.C.
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:36 PM »
Awww maaaaan! He's such a nice dude! That's a huge bummer.

Thanks for the heads up Kev. (Also, thanks to you for your posts. I've lurked here for years before I bought my bike and you've always provided solid advice. Just my opinion.)

Offline moto-uno

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 1495
  • Location: Burnaby , B.C
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 12:52:39 PM »
  I have been in touch with him in the last few days he assisted me in downloading a Beetle map for my 2018 Eldorado . He responded
quickly and the bike runs great . Other noteworthy running issues were previously remarked on my "2018 Eldorado" thread . Great guy
and very helpful .  Peter
ps; "mark@griso.org"

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 12:55:54 PM »
 Just to clarify something , we worked really hard to keep Mark on WG , don't blame what happened on the  management . People come and go , no one is being forced into anything .

Dusty

Offline CapitalGoose

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Location: D.C.
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »
Thanks Peter, I'll send him an email.

Appreciate it Dusty. I'm not blaming anyone. I don't know what happened and I suppose it's none of my business either. I'm just glad he's OK (well, as OK as one can be in these strange times)! I just wanted to thank Mark for the help.

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 02:45:13 PM »
 We have no problem with beetle , he has chosen to not be a member here any longer . Just how it is , it wasn't the fault of any member .

Dusty

Offline lucian

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3333
  • Location: Maine, Ayuh
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »
First Pete and now Mark,  Damn, this sucks.  Sure appreciate all the years of support you guys provided us, if your lurking! My shot glass is now being raised in your honor. :bow:

Offline Bulldog9

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3619
  • Location: NY'r resettled in the Old Dominion
Re: Where's Beetle?!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 07:03:19 PM »
Mark (Beetle) is active on griso ghetto ABV and Facebook.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2012 Norge GT, 2016 Stornello #742, 2023 V85 TT
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 2004 Breva 750, 2008 1200 Sport
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here