Author Topic: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Captain.Stratos

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« on: March 23, 2022, 08:00:46 PM »
Hello all.
I am a novice first-time-caller so I hope my request sounds sensible.

I own a 2016 Norge 1200 GT 8V and I intend to synchronise the throttle bodies and, having read many threads on this site, I know that I will need to (re)set the TPS as part of the process.
I have bought the appropriate 3-pin / 16-pin ECU connector lead from Lonelec (UK) along with their OBD2 Bluescan II (bluetooth) adapter which happily recognises and talks to my ECU utising the android app called 'Scan5MX'.
My question is: Is the Scan5MX 'reset TPS' function reliable? i.e. has anyone used Scan5MX to successfully do this?

You may be wondering why I don't use the Guzzidiag application and the short answer is I don't own a windows laptop (or similar) - I would have to buy one first but for now my immediate requirement is just to be able to (re)set the TPS.

Thanks for your consideration.

Offline Markcarovilli

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1081
  • Location: NE Ohio
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 12:15:45 PM »
so you don't hang out there waiting - I think that others may have tried this and not sure it worked.   I have not heard of it working myself.   Try a search upper right in this forum and see what you can find. 

other than that a cheap notebook/laptop used is your best bet....

mark

Offline Captain.Stratos

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 11:16:15 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have read a lot of wildguzzi threads but have not found any that specifically state they have successfully used the 'reset TPS' button in the Scan5MX android application.
As you say I could set about acquiring a windows laptop and use Guzzidiag but may not have to just yet if Scan5MX will do the job.

GuzziOrDeath

  • Guest
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 07:16:13 PM »

I've used ScanM5x to reset the TPS on my Griso. Works fine.


 :thumb:





Offline Captain.Stratos

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 04:43:33 PM »
Thank you 'GuzziorDeath'.

That's sounds like good news for me!
How did you know it worked - does the 'reset TPS' function give you some sort of acknowledgement?
Regards.

GuzziOrDeath

  • Guest
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »

Yes, you get a 'Test OK' on the screen. Plus, your TPS/throttle value changes, if it was out.






Offline Captain.Stratos

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 01:09:53 AM »
Thanks again 'GuzziOrDeath'.

That should get me started!

Offline Captain.Stratos

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Resetting TPS using Scan5MX
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 06:38:29 PM »
Managed to sync TB's (3500rpm), reset TPS (using Bluescan OBDII), and finally reset TB's at idle - quick test ride and all seems OK.

Thanks to Wildguzzi contributors for your knowledge!

Regards
Captain Stratos


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here