Author Topic: Snow Blower Issue  (Read 1445 times)

Offline harley21

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Snow Blower Issue
« on: May 31, 2022, 05:12:17 AM »
Trying to juggle work meetings, plow 12" of snow, and pack for a trip.

The blower didn't sound right, I saw some black smoke and just attributed it to old gas. I turned the choke off right after starting, but with fat gloves, it turns out I didn't turn it enough. the graphic is horrible and I thought I was 100% off. My fault.

Anyway, I ran almost a full tank that way, then realized WTH I did. I ran another 30 minutes or so with more gas, choke off and it ran great.

Now my exhaust is black with carbon.

Once things settle down, I figure I'll swap out the spark plug. Maybe clean the carbon off, just because it reminds me that I'm a moron.

Briggs & Stratton engine

Anything else?

Offline s1120

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2199
Re: Snow Blower Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 06:01:50 AM »
Ya, it will carbon up a bit, but really just run it. Unless the plug is totally fouled, it will just burn off. Maybe give the oil a little smell to see if it has a strong fuel smell, but really these things are pretty forgiving.
Paul B

Offline Vagrant

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2916
  • Location: Gainesville, Ga or Green Valley Az.
Re: Snow Blower Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 06:16:57 AM »
OK, somebody has to ask, where the hell are you with 12" of fresh snow?
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2026 V7-850 Sport, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2025 V85 the fast red one! 2023 V85 Guardian of the Oreo's
L-196, L-197

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Snow Blower Issue
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 07:17:49 AM »
 :popcorn:
OK, somebody has to ask, where the hell are you with 12" of fresh snow?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online John A

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5420
  • No way to slow down...
  • Location: Hager city ,western WI
Re: Snow Blower Issue
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 09:15:37 AM »
OK, somebody has to ask, where the hell are you with 12" of fresh snow?




Montana?
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline nc43bsa

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1500
  • Location: Mooresville NC
Re: Snow Blower Issue
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
Didn't Denver get hit with that much late last week?
1990 MilleGT

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here