Author Topic: Solo Seat on '23 Special Edition  (Read 250 times)

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
Solo Seat on '23 Special Edition
« on: June 12, 2024, 10:49:20 PM »
Since I got tired of waiting for a Corsa (this was as of Apr), I decided to get a discounted '23 Special Edition.  Been doing a few things to it, with a few more left to do.  It's my way of making it a real "Special Edition", so bear with me.  Today I got the solo seat back from the upholstery shop, and it turned out as well as I had hoped.  The stock solo seat from AF1 is all black, no contrast stitching anyhere, and it's all vinyl.  I had the shop fabricate a new cover with a perforated Alcantara front seat section, contrast stitching, and the Moto Guzzi words embroidered with a red outline.  Since the Corsa, which is what I originally wanted, has a solo seat, I guess this is my way of "Corsafying" the Special Edition, to make it that much more Special!  I have a Biondi tinted windscreen on the way, along with a smaller rear brake light.  Those two items should change up the looks as well, again, making it even more "Special".

OEM seat, with contrast stitching, rolled Alcantara front seat section, Moto Guzzi embroidered in silver on the back:

Solo seat from AF1, no contrast at all, everything's black, including the Moto Guzzi embroidery at the back:

Solo seat from the shop, with contrast stitching, perforated Alcantara front seat panel, Moto Guzzi embroidered in silver and red at the back:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 08:47:16 AM by bronzestar1 »

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
Re: Solo Seat on '23 Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 06:14:12 AM »
It's subtle, but a nice improvement.  One of several nice details.  A real one of one custom now.
Blue Guzz

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024, 06:52:24 AM »
I know everyone is different, but the first thing I do is remove the nanny state stickers off my bikes.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 08:49:44 AM »
I know everyone is different, but the first thing I do is remove the nanny state stickers off my bikes.

I was thinking of that as well.  The one that really bugs me is the one on the gas tank.  The one on the right side of the rear fender might actually have some useful info on it, I'll have to read it again and see.  I'll have to invest in a heat gun to take that one off the tank, I don't want to scratch it during the removal process.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 08:49:44 AM »

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 07:19:11 AM »
Hair dryer on low and be careful. Use a heat gun and you will be looking for a painter.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys 2023 V85 Guardian of the Oreo's
L-196, L-197

Online Dr. Enzo Toma

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 03:41:26 PM »
Isopropyl alcohol will help dissolve the sticker adhesive as well.

That seat turned out great, thanks for sharing. I still haven't settled on a good seat solution for my V7, so on longer rides I run an Airhawk which detracts from the beauty of the Guzzi. Would like to get a good seat on it though. The Corbin options were a pass for me, so will likely end up with a solution like this - getting a comfortable base seat and then having it modified and upholstered.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 04:14:44 PM »
LISTEN to Vagrant.  Go SLOW or you'll need paint for sure.  Go slow.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline bronzestar1

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024, 06:23:13 PM »
LISTEN to Vagrant.  Go SLOW or you'll need paint for sure.  Go slow.

Ah, hair dryer and not a heat gun, that's good advice (I was planning on getting a cordless heat gun).  I definitely don't want to scratch the tank taking that one decal off.  The one on the side of the fender about tire pressure should be easier, since it's on plastic.  If I can remove that one intact, I'll probably just put it next to the other decals under the seat. 

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2024, 07:07:31 PM »
Ah, hair dryer and not a heat gun, that's good advice (I was planning on getting a cordless heat gun).  I definitely don't want to scratch the tank taking that one decal off.  The one on the side of the fender about tire pressure should be easier, since it's on plastic.  If I can remove that one intact, I'll probably just put it next to the other decals under the seat.

I always have Jenn do it, as she's more patient than I.

She uses a hair dryer, her nails, a credit card, and sometimes Goof Off.

I did try to place a couple of them on sheets of paper in the service folder for each bike but they don't survive all that intact.

The priority is the bike to me, not the labels.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2024, 06:07:55 AM »
I had a local guy who generally reupholsters hot rods do my seat on the Eldo.  Fantastic job - $100.00 cash (Guzzi Content) 
Blue Guzz

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2024, 08:52:31 AM »
I have wondered who puts those stickers on the bikes. The EPA sticker and others on my Audace were plastered on the rear fender in plain sight. If they had been removed prior to sale it would have been a problem getting it registered here in California. DMV inspects those at the first registration. I couldn't believe where they had been placed and they weren't even straight, just stuck on every which way. I figured it must have been the importer or maybe the dealership. I can't see the factory doing it because they ship bikes all over the world and I am sure different countries have different requirements. Keeping everything separated would seem to to be a nightmare.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online Dr. Enzo Toma

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2024, 01:11:13 PM »
From what I have seen, if a manufacturer is producing a motorcycle specific to that region or country, then the manufacturer often applies those decals. They might not have guides for them if it's a decal that isn't on all the different regional models like a swingarm sticker. Honda and Yamaha slap them crooked all over some of their bikes just the same.

Some special cases are companies that turn grey market bikes into legal bikes, often Chinese motorcycles that the manufacturer has not certified for use in other countries so a company rebrands them and handles all of that certification before selling them. Another special case is that small countries like New Zealand do have some motorcycles built specifically for their market, but often their importer (Blue Wing Honda) will bring in a Japanese, Thai, or "General Export" market model, leave the original stickers on it, and then add ones required in NZ.

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2024, 02:19:45 PM »
I think in my case the Audace uses the same fender as the MGX. The Audace has a small pillon seat where I think the MGX might have had a larger pillon seat which may have covered the haphazardly applied stickers. But that is only a guess.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here