Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Question for v85 riders?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Question for v85 riders? (Read 2953 times)
bad Chad
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 10045
Location: Central Il
Question for v85 riders?
«
on:
April 14, 2025, 06:26:39 PM »
Seat height. I'm thinking about a v85, and I'm very tall, 6'6"/198cm. Guzzi offers a "tall seat", which i believe is about 1" taller than standard. I can't recall now, but I think it's somewhere around $250US. If you have any experience with this situation, I would like to hear it.
Logged
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT
Trialsman
Gaggle Mentor
Posts: 404
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #1 on:
April 15, 2025, 08:31:04 AM »
Another way I have made it more comfortable is to drop the footpegs as well. Usually an inch to an inch and a half works for me.
Logged
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100
2025 Arctic Leopard Ex-800
twowheeladdict
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 6567
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #2 on:
April 15, 2025, 09:25:35 AM »
Unless the Tall seat also sits you back I would try a pad on the stock seat first.
There are a lot of choices out there from air, to gel to sheepskin, to combinations.
At 5'11" and 32" inseam I find the handlebar position to be awkward, and the seat to peg distance a little tight on longer rides.
Logged
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2015 Yamaha SR400
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom
Vagrant
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 2910
Location: Gainesville, Ga or Green Valley Az.
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #3 on:
April 15, 2025, 10:03:01 AM »
Lower pegs, add 1/2" rubber or felt bumpers to the stock bumpers under the seat and remove the backstop. Next add a pad of your choice. If these work for you can always get a taller custom seat made.
«
Last Edit: April 15, 2025, 10:03:58 AM by Vagrant
»
Logged
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2026 V7-850 Sport, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2025 V85 the fast red one! 2023 V85 Guardian of the Oreo's
L-196, L-197
Tkelly
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1711
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #4 on:
April 15, 2025, 10:54:22 AM »
When I first got a Stelvio I immediately adjusted the seat into the high position thinking it would be more comfortable .It really didn’t do much so I reverted to the low position for ease of moving the bike with the motor off.Save the money and see how you like the stock seat before you buy the tall one.
Logged
kingoffleece
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 4627
Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #5 on:
April 15, 2025, 01:19:16 PM »
I was in the seat business for years. OEM tall seats, comfort seats, and the like are just a bit more of the cheap materials used for the standard seats.
Most are contract made by SHAD.
Logged
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.
Moparnut72
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 3352
Location: Quincy California
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #6 on:
April 15, 2025, 05:56:45 PM »
I put a factory comfort seat on my late model Bonneville T120. It was vastly better than the stock seat. So not all.
kk
Logged
Mopar or Nocar
Current Bike:
2026 V7 850 Special
1976 T3 disaster
Taking new riders for a spin:
2023 V100 Navale
2019 V7lll Special
2016 Audace
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".
skippy
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 754
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #7 on:
April 15, 2025, 06:54:01 PM »
May not be much help as I am only a 6 footer, but I will vehemently warn you not to lower the pegs. I drag mine quite frequently in stock trim when riding spiritedly.
Logged
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT
sgl0226
Gosling
Posts: 112
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #8 on:
April 15, 2025, 09:35:30 PM »
Send your seat off to Russell Day Long. Not only will it raise you up as much as you want but you’ll also be comfortable for all “Day Long”!
Logged
ridingron
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 582
Location: Orlando
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #9 on:
April 15, 2025, 10:06:19 PM »
Remove the butt bumper if the stock seat doesn't work. As mentioned try a Hawk Air cushion or a knock off of it and a sheep
skin. If you decide you are going to keep the bike and none of that works, go straight to Russell. Save some money and do just the front seat in vinyl. It will also probably raise you up an inch or so. I've been riding on them for 25 years (5 different seats). People say they are butt ugly but my butt says they are beautiful. When you first set on it you will probably be disappointed. It is not like a Lazy Boy. But several hours into the ride, you'll realize your butt doesn't hurt!
Sort out the windshield last.
Logged
Tusayan
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1905
Re: Question for v85 riders?
«
Reply #10 on:
April 17, 2025, 09:01:07 AM »
I’m tall and have both the tall seat and the standard seat for my V85TT. The tall seat is just taller, providing lots of room, but is not dramatically more comfortable. Maybe a little bit more comfortable.
As mentioned, don’t lower the foot pegs. The bike has tons of leg room as delivered and it is easy to drag the pegs. Lowering them would be a negative move.
Logged
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Question for v85 riders?
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here