Author Topic: Roy's Eldorado Adventure  (Read 74018 times)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Roy's Eldorado Adventure
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »
Sorry, more questions.
The bike came cluttered with numerous rusty scrap iron brackets adorned with a mixture of lights and do-dads. I threw most of it away just keeping anything that looked remotely OEM
In the box of bits came a number of old Lucas direction indicators, it looks like I might be able to use these but I couldn't figure out where they mount at the front. I know the cop bikes had a light bar.
Could someone show me a detail picture of the civilian setup.

I assume the rear indicators attach to the license plate holder under the plate holding screws, is this correct?

The left hand side cover is drilled with a pair of holes that look like they were for a decal, what goes on there?

Thanks
Roy

Front brackets in black, also available in stainless:
http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_156&products_id=326

Attach at the lower triple clamp pinch bolts.

Rear bracket in black, also available in stainless:
http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_156&products_id=374

Attaches to the license plate bracket and rear fender.

A decal goes on the sidecover, holes aren't original. Very nice repro decals are available from John Prusnek: http://myweb.core.com:8080/photos/spajohn@raex.com/MotoGuzziDecals

"Eldorado" goes on the battery covers, "850" on the toolboxes.

Locks for your toolboxes: http://www.mcmaster.com/#13105A75
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:01:09 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Roy's Eldorado Adventure
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Thanks again Charlie,

Sorry if sometimes my posts appear a bit rude, the internet crashes before I get a chance to tidy my post properly.
I have the locks, a locksmith friend has cut me some more keys.
I should have plugged those holes then they were out of character with the previous owners workmanship so I assumed they were original. One toolbox had an air horn compressor with a hole gnawed through the case, not even drilled, I think he chewed the corner off with a pair of tinsnips.

I'm sure I have some of Johns decals :thumb:

Roy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:27:48 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Offline mgfan

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 451
  • Escaping the "home"
Re: Roy's Eldorado Adventure
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »
Hey Roy- off topic but I've always wondered. What happened to Ed's lovely Police Eldo? I tried to buy it at one time, but he wouldn't sell. Thanks Harold
70 Ambassador, 74 Eldorado,  76 I-Convert, 71 Police Ambassador, 86 Califonia II, 90 California III, 03 Stone, 07 Norge

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Roy's Eldorado Adventure
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2015, 09:51:21 AM »
It sure was a beauty, he gave me a lot of advice before I started mine.
I'll send you a PM
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here