Author Topic: A Good Day For A Ride  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Guido Valvole

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1165
A Good Day For A Ride
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:18:05 PM »
Or two...

Off early this morning to the monthly Orinda CA cars & coffee, nice and low-key and quieter than usual as there was a big British car swap meet in Dixon today. Two E-Type convertibles anyway but they weren't gonna find parts at a swap meet. I parked next to a color-matching Maserati Biturbo. `83, I think. You think De Tomaso had zillions of different colors for his cars & bikes? Crappy "special needs" phone shot into sun flare. Nice Maserati Indy behind the Biturbo and some $$$$$ newish Ferrari behind that. Another Biturbo parked in the next space to my Monza later -- and not a barbecue in sight!





Home for lunch after than and then late up to The Wall, our (SF Bay Area East Bay) low-rent equivalent to the Rock Store. Kinda like the Rock Store minus the store, a paved wide spot in the road. Named after the WPA-era wall that used to be there until it started sliding down the hillside about 25 years ago. Local hills are mostly adobe soil, best thought of as an extremely viscous liquid. The Wall does have one of the best sunset views on the planet but I didn't stay that long.




cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Offline ITSec

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3040
  • Location: Southwestern US
Re: A Good Day For A Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:05:02 AM »
Verra nahce....

I'm a sucker for a nice Biturbo - I had a semi-restored '82 Lancia Zagato.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29699
Re: A Good Day For A Ride
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:58:08 AM »
I'm a sucker for a nice Monza.. :grin:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here