Author Topic: Security Light  (Read 1808 times)

Offline TobyJug

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
  • Location: Kamloops, BC
Security Light
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »
I realise that I'm probably being a bit too slow here, but can someone tell why I have a red flashing light on my Norge GT8V's dash all the time?  I assume it's some kind of dummy to make potential thieves think that it's alarmed. 

Is that correct?

Jug
2014 Norge GT 8V

Offline tris

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2898
  • Location: United Kingdom
Re: Security Light
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
Yes!!

PS - You can turn it off if it gets on your nerves in the dash setup
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline TobyJug

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
  • Location: Kamloops, BC
Re: Security Light
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »
Thanks.  It'd be a lot tougher owning a Guzzi, if it weren't for this forum.

2014 Norge GT 8V

Offline ken farr

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1764
Re: Security Light
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:48:40 PM »
Thanks.  It'd be a lot tougher owning a Guzzi, if it weren't for this forum.


:1:...truer words, have never been spoken... :bow:

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

Offline atavar

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 861
Re: Security Light
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »
I sorta like the blinky light, I can tell from all the way across the garage that the battery is not completely dead.  lol
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline Sasquatch Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 9600
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Re: Security Light
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »
  Does it light up a message that tells you the battery is dead?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline atavar

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 861
Re: Security Light
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »
It just blinks not-dead, not-dead, not-dead..  When it goes away I know I need the charger.  But I always use a tender now that there is lithium under the seat.
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here