Author Topic: Returned to sanity  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Drumnagorrach

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Returned to sanity
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
Hello folks .
 Been a couple of years since I visited the site ,I got seduced away from Guzzi's by Ducati . I had a couple of Monsters but the realisation finally dawned on me that I enjoyed my last Cali 111 more than my Ducati S2R1000,so I bought a 95 Cali 1100i . At last I can ride on light throttle openings ,pootle along country lanes and swing through bends without having to imitate Rossi with my knee out ( obligatory on Ducati ). Still got the Ducati ,I'm supposed to sell it ,my wife thinks three bikes is too much  ( I have an XT600 too) wrong time of year to sell ,  Scottish autumn , so by spring ,who knows .
 My last Old Cali was the 1000,on carbs and a C.I. ( casque integrali ,or something like that ) means full fairing ,so it had a very different warning light box . it looks to me like the contacts could do with cleaning on the lights but I can't see how to get the box open , can anyone enlighten me ?
 Cheers
 Lee

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28883
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
Welcome back to cruiser mode. :rolleyes:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 03:43:45 PM »
If you can afford/have room, why not both? I have a few bikes. One being an 1100 "spot" another an EV, and a couple others.
Like the old Almond Joy commercial....
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Online rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »
I'll go with the flow to welcome you and not answer your question (I don't know).  Someone will no doubt read and help.

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »
I'll go with the flow to welcome you and not answer your question (I don't know).  Someone will no doubt read and help.

 :1: Welcome back.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28883
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:46:53 PM »
Lee.....do you have the full fairing Cali III? or the unfaired model?  You're looking specifically for the idiot light for?  Not 100% sure what you're asking.  Your Cali 1100I has FI correct?
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Drumnagorrach

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
Tom.
 I currently have an 1100i 1995 ,that is the bike that I would like to know how to get into the idiot lights ,please .
 My last Cali ,which I foolishly sold to a work colleague , was the full fairing C.I. an ugly brute ,but a very effective fairing .
 Thanks
 Lee

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28883
Re: Returned to sanity
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
I don't think that I can be much help but the plastic box if the same on my '93 Cali III carb and my '93 Strada is a cover with tabs on it.    Pry up on that with a small screwdriver.  The replacement bulbs are small but available from the dealer network.  If your charging system is stock you'll need the dash panel light for the charging system working. IIRC.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here