Author Topic: Custom Tool Pouch  (Read 4613 times)

Offline swooshdave

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1303
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
Custom Tool Pouch
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
So the original tool pouch for my 850T was, ahem, falling apart. I friend of mine at work offered to make a new one out of some extra shoe leather he had. If you couldn't figure it out from my username... we kinda make shoes here...

Untitled by swooshdave, on Flickr

Untitled by swooshdave, on Flickr

I'll see if it holds all the tools but it should last at least as long as the old vinyl one! I think he said he hand stitched it. He can machine stitch too.
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »
Looks good like the original.  Now all have to do is emboss the the Moto Guzzi logo onto the pouch.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline twhitaker

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 8323
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:55:01 PM »
Very nice. I have a couple tool pouches made by Rich Maund.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

Offline jbell

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 926
  • Some progress
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
Not exactly custom, er, not custom at all, but I've used gun rugs for 40 years.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.


"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Online LowRyter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 16853
  • Location: Edmond OK
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »
where's the "swoosh" logo?

 :wink:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28879
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »
When Gary and Gerri break out the Moto Guzzi branding iron, you'll be able to brand the pouch.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline cloudbase

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2523
  • Location: 89TA
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:55 AM »
where's the "swoosh" logo?

 :wink:

It's being loaded into a container in Shenzen.

Offline swooshdave

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1303
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 03:10:55 PM »
where's the "swoosh" logo?

 :wink:

That's trademarked!
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline swooshdave

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1303
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
Not exactly custom, er, not custom at all, but I've used gun rugs for 40 years.

It's custom as in I have the only one and it was made to my specs. How do you define custom?
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline Sasquatch Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 9600
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:32 PM »
  If I hand stitch something leather, I use synthetic sinew.  It lasts forever, is very compatible with natural leather,
is the strongest stuff you can sew with.  It is available for purchase at places that sell mountain man goods for those who like to do reenactments.  I have been using it for more than thirty years.  It is available in light tan, dark tan and black
colors.  I also use it for whipping the ends of ropes.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline yellowheader

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Location: Edmonton, AB
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
It's custom as in I have the only one and it was made to my specs. How do you define custom?
It has to have at least 3 of the following features:
Skulls
Eagles
Flames
Fringe
Studs
Conchos
Without those, it's just a long wallet. :cheesy:

Offline jbell

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 926
  • Some progress
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
It's custom as in I have the only one and it was made to my specs. How do you define custom?

Pretty much the same as you.  I was referring to the gun rugs I use as not being custom, just cheap assed repurposing.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.


"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Jim Rich

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1654
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 05:27:16 PM »
Very nice pouch.  You can carry with style now.  Definitely conchos.    :wink:

If you could have gotten a beautiful woman to model it, this crew would have thought it was the best ever. 


Offline sidecarnutz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 976
  • Location: SE Virginia
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
Very nice. I have a couple tool pouches made by Rich Maund.

Thanks for remembering me! I still have the patterns to make those!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline giusto

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1220
  • Giusto il canne del Como
    • photobucket
  • Location: Traverse City Michigan
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 07:27:15 PM »
Thanks for remembering me! I still have the patterns to make those!


Interested in making a few more?
2020 V 85 TT Travel
76 V1000 Convert Mr. Slate
76 V1000 Convert...in restoration process
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106
è il viaggio non la destinazione che è importante

Offline swooshdave

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1303
  • Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 10:51:07 PM »
It has to have at least 3 of the following features:
Skulls
Eagles
Flames
Fringe
Studs
Conchos
Without those, it's just a long wallet. :cheesy:

Argh!!!! Fringe!!! Why didn't I think of that!?!?!
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Penderic

  • Guest
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:35 PM »
 :boozing:

Reminds me of what our high school Scottish gym teacher used to say:

"If you can't be an athlete, at least be an athletic supporter"!


 :huh:


Carry on.

Offline sidecarnutz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 976
  • Location: SE Virginia
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »

Interested in making a few more?

Sure. PM me!
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline JACoH

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 218
  • Location: Pacific Northwet
Re: Custom Tool Pouch
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
I found some real nice vinyl tool bags at this website, also great stickers..www.ISayD ingDong.co.uk
They ship fast to US and good quality all.

 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here