Author Topic: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual  (Read 8121 times)

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:57:55 AM »
I just picked up my 2016 Stelvio today. I rode it home in a snow storm! Perhaps the worse conditions I have been in during my 50 years of riding. I somehow made it back home alive.

Anyway, where do I find a Service Manual for my new 2016 Stelvio?

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:37:53 AM »
What do you need to know?

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
What do you need to know?
As much as possible. I just like to have the service manuals for all my vehicles and I usually get them just after buying each vehicle.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Offline ohiorider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 8088
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »
I think if you do some googling, you'll come up with it.  Also try Teo Lamers website.  I found this link that'll take you to the service manual for the 2011 Stelvio ..... not exactly what you asked for, but it'll give you an idea what the manual you're asking for will look like.

http://www.guzzitek.org/gb/ma_us_uk/1200/Stelvio1200_8V_ABS_2011_Atelier(GB).pdf


Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »
I think if you do some googling, you'll come up with it.  Also try Teo Lamers website.  I found this link that'll take you to the service manual for the 2011 Stelvio ..... not exactly what you asked for, but it'll give you an idea what the manual you're asking for will look like.
Thanks! That's a great start. I wonder how much has changed with the Stelvio since 2011.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »
The biggest changes happened when the swap from the original small tank to the later big tank occurred, not exactly sure of the year. At that point various things like the forks and airbox changed and there was the switch to twin lambda input to the ECU. ABS was on some earlier models but at the tank change point you also got Traction Control, (Albeit crude.) thrown in to the mix.

Switch from flat to roller tappets was mid 2012.

Pete

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 04:59:17 PM »
The biggest changes happened when the swap from the original small tank to the later big tank occurred, not exactly sure of the year. At that point various things like the forks and airbox changed and there was the switch to twin lambda input to the ECU. ABS was on some earlier models but at the tank change point you also got Traction Control, (Albeit crude.) thrown in to the mix.

Switch from flat to roller tappets was mid 2012.

Pete
Thanks for the info.

But I don't speak Guzzi quite yet, so what does "switch to twin lambda input to the ECU."  mean?

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Offline River Rat

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Location: Down Under
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:59:57 PM »
2011 Parts Manual here https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=2620, they also sell an electronic version of the service manual for around $8
2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX ABS
2007 Suzuki DR650 SE

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
Thanks for the info.

But I don't speak Guzzi quite yet, so what does "switch to twin lambda input to the ECU."  mean?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Ummmm? OK. Let's go back a ways. How much experience do you have with modern, as in last 20 years, engine management? This isn't me trying to be patronising but I, and others, need to have a baseline to try and give you information from.

Pete

Offline smdl

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Location: Courtenay, BC
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:12:30 AM »
I think that a potential source of confusion might be the terminology used.  North American translation:. Dual Oxygen (O2) Sensor.  The Lambda term is not generally used here (except in the Guzzi world  :boozing:).

Cheers,
Shaun
'61 Galletto
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'24 Stelvio

Offline guzzisteve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 13017
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 08:24:59 AM »
The latest service man put out was for 13' models, which covers roller tappets & 2-O2's.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"
Location: Planet Earth

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 08:28:33 AM »
OP, fyi, most EU motor vehicle manufacturers don't publish a year specific repair manual each year. Instead they produce a manual or two when a model or platform is first produced and occasionally may issue an update when they feel there have been sufficient changes.

As alluded to, most EU manufacturers use the term Lambda sensor instead of O2 sensors.

Though I didn't bother following the evolution of the late-model CARC bikes like the Stelvio I assume Pete is saying at some point they changed from a single O2 sensor in the exhaust to dual sensors to individually adjust cylinders.

Obviously there was some change to the electronics at that point.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
Ummmm? OK. Let's go back a ways. How much experience do you have with modern, as in last 20 years, engine management? This isn't me trying to be patronising but I, and others, need to have a baseline to try and give you information from.

Pete
Quite a bit. I mean I know what an ECU does, etc. But never heard the Lambda term used before, but I now see that "twin Lambda"  simply means dual  O2 sensors.

-Don-  Reno, NV

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:29:21 PM by DonTom »
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »
Good-o. Just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Pete

Offline ohiorider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 8088
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »
If Wiki is correct, Robert Bosch GmbH manufactured the first commercial Lambda sensors.  I always thought they were invented in Sweden, since they were first used on Volvos and Saabs.  Nope, German.
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14345
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »
I just picked up my 2016 Stelvio today. I rode it home in a snow storm! Perhaps the worse conditions I have been in during my 50 years of riding. I somehow made it back home alive.

Anyway, where do I find a Service Manual for my new 2016 Stelvio?

-Don-  Reno, NV
So.... How did you go with your search Don ? Always big fun to get a new bike and just sit with a suitable beverage and digest the living hell out of the pages. I don't know anything about the intricacies of engine management and the computer brain in my bike but I live near someone who does. I think the appropriate answer to the question about "what do you want to know",the answer is  "as much as I can understand" hope you do ok with your search.

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 02:18:37 AM »
Good-o. Just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Pete
I've been an electronics / radio technician all my life,  retired a few years ago. So the high tech stuff doesn't bother me, but I wish the schematic in the service manual had a better resolution. Is there any way we can get readable wiring diagrams for the Stelvio?

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 02:23:07 AM »
So.... How did you go with your search Don ? Always big fun to get a new bike and just sit with a suitable beverage and digest the living hell out of the pages. I don't know anything about the intricacies of engine management and the computer brain in my bike but I live near someone who does. I think the appropriate answer to the question about "what do you want to know",the answer is  "as much as I can understand" hope you do ok with your search.
Yes, I now have the newest Stelvio SVC manual in pdf, thanks to a member of this forum.

-Don-  Reno
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Offline smdl

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Location: Courtenay, BC
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »
I've been an electronics / radio technician all my life,  retired a few years ago. So the high tech stuff doesn't bother me, but I wish the schematic in the service manual had a better resolution. Is there any way we can get readable wiring diagrams for the Stelvio?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Maybe not a perfect match for a 2016, but there are some decent Stelvio schematics on the web:

http://guzzitek.org/schemas_electriques/gb/1200/stelvio1200_4v/Stelvio1200_ABS_NTX_WiringDiagram.pdf
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/schematics/2008_Stelvio.gif

Enjoy the Stelvio!

Cheers,
Shaun
'61 Galletto
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'24 Stelvio

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14345
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
Yes, I now have the newest Stelvio SVC manual in pdf, thanks to a member of this forum.

-Don-  Reno
Bonus !!!

Offline Markcarovilli

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1081
  • Location: NE Ohio
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
Yes, I now have the newest Stelvio SVC manual in pdf, thanks to a member of this forum.

-Don-  Reno

Care to share this....

Mark

Offline DonTom

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Location: Reno, NV, Cold Springs Valley, NV or Auburn, CA
Re: 2016 Stelvio Service Manual
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 12:19:56 PM »
Care to share this....

Mark
Sure, just send me an email and I will send it to you.

DonTom3@aol.com

-Don-  Reno, NV
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:20:38 PM by DonTom »
Original owner of:
1971 black BMW R75/5
1984 red Yamaha Venture
2002 yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 orange/black Kawasaki Versys LT
2016 orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here