Author Topic: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »
I keep getting threatening calls from 1(702) 874 3595 IRS telling me to call 201 331 3137 as I have to appear in front of the Judge.

My gut feeling is its a scam perhaps to skim off my telephone account.

Any one else getting these?
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Offline stokes

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Location: New York USA
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »
Have you called that second number,201-331............? I'll bet when you do,they tell you to avoid having to "see the judge" you can give them your credit card # and settle the debt.Its a common scam.

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 04:54:58 PM »
Google  201 331 3137.

Why would the IRS in New Jersey be calling you?

Offline stonelover

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 206
  • Location: Berkeley County, WV
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
The IRS does NOT call anyone.  Mail & personal visits only.

Offline lti_57

  • Directly above the center of the Earth
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • *
  • Posts: 336
  • Location: Spokane,WA.
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »
The IRS does NOT call anyone.  Mail & personal visits only.

Exactly
2007 Guzzi Griso
1992 BMW K75

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 05:10:18 PM »
Google  201 331 3137.

Why would the IRS in New Jersey be calling you?

Good idea, a well known scam apparently
Thanks
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »
 I'll handle this for you , just a small fee involved , I know people  :rolleyes:

 Dusty

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
never pick up if you do not recognize the number

Offline mjptexas

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1034
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »
I would get daily ROBO calls from the 'IRS'.
Mike

'18 R Nine T Urban GS
'17 Griso
'16 XL1200 Roadster
'15 Monster 821
'14 Cali Custom
'14 Vespa GTS300 Super
'15 Vespa Primavera
'75 CB400F
'76 CB550F

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »
I'd check with FUBAR on that one.

  :laugh: :shocked: :laugh: :shocked: He can certainly advise on this subject  :grin:

 Dusty

Offline Rhodan

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: I Must be in Big Trouble NGC
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 05:43:49 PM »
True story.  My mother in law had passed away and we were getting her house ready to sell.  A phone call comes in to the house.  From "the IRS".  They asked if my mother in law was available.  I said "not at this time, can I take a message?"  Dire warnings and threats of police action were uttered.  Threats of lawyers.  Yada yada.  All definitely not true.

By the way, I could hear the call center noise in the background the whole time.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:44:49 PM by Rhodan »


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here