Author Topic: Stornello shocks  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Sykestone8886

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 369
  • Location: Western PA
Stornello shocks
« on: August 06, 2018, 09:01:11 PM »
I just bought a new stornello over the weekend.really like it except for the rear suspension. I see you can adjust the preload. Has anyone done this and if so did it make much difference ?
54HDFL  73HDFLH. 85HDFLT. 73suzukiTS 250 76hHONDA cb360

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4641
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Stornello shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »
Proper adjustments are critical to performance.  However, a lot more information is needed before anything meaningful can be added,
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Sykestone8886

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 369
  • Location: Western PA
Re: Stornello shocks
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm 180 lbs love the bike like I said but man does it hit the bumps hard. Feels like an old hard tail it used to ride
54HDFL  73HDFLH. 85HDFLT. 73suzukiTS 250 76hHONDA cb360

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4641
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Stornello shocks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
It becomes clearer, does it not, as to why so many of us have replaced the rear shocks as supplied by Guzzi.
One can do SO much better.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Sykestone8886

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 369
  • Location: Western PA
Re: Stornello shocks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »
Ya that's what I figured. I'll b paralyzed if I keep riding with those stock shocks
54HDFL  73HDFLH. 85HDFLT. 73suzukiTS 250 76hHONDA cb360

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here