Author Topic: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP  (Read 2537 times)

Offline clubman

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 560
  • Location: South Georgia
NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« on: September 08, 2018, 06:23:42 AM »
As the result of a big fight between these two, Direct TV is no longer carrying beIn Sports, so NO Moto GP this weekend in the US. Now that sucks! This after I've already paid extra to get the programming. Maybe they will have some last chance settlement. I saw somewhere that Fox Sports will have live streaming on the web site, but don't know about that. Never had much luck with live streaming.
Gen. 3 Hayabusa,  KTM 890 Duke, Indian  FTR1200R Carbon R, Triumph Speed 400, Triumph 765RS, Griso 4V

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:35:57 AM »
 I can almost promise that Carmelo Ezpeleta and Enrique Aldama had a hand in this . Greed has always played a role in motor racing at this level .

 Dusty

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:41:38 AM »
I'm pissed off!
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:44:57 AM »
I'm pissed off!

  Enough to stop paying to watch ?

 Dusty

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:19 AM »
Well I'm for sure cancelling the Directv sports package I'm paying for..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Aaron D.

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5882
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 07:40:43 AM »
Well! I'll check it out. As it happens I installed a DVD player with streaming and I was going to crunch numbers to see if I need DirecTV to watch what I actually want.

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:47 AM »
so is the only way to watch by paying for MotoGP video pass?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »
so is the only way to watch by paying for MotoGP video pass?

 You have heard the term *alternate revenue sources* , as in "we are exploring alternate revenue sources"? . Here is an example .

 Dusty

Offline Aaron D.

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5882
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »
According to Bein, they want to be moved to a lower tier so they are available without being part of a premium package.

No ads on their MotoGP coverage. Soccer is their big revenue provider and Dorna has been paid already.

I have a Chromecast that I did not plug in until today. Now I have the Videopass, and I wish I'd done it sonoer. Now I'm going to see if I can still see F1 if I downgrade my package.

Offline Turin

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5581
    • FB
  • Location: Chandler, Arizona
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
Direct tv seems to have this issue every year or so. Both sides advertise a call the other party ad campaign and usually someone blinks.
I switched over to contour and like it better. Netflix is included as is youtube with my package.
2007 Griso 1100
1998 Centauro GT
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1984 LeMans III
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »
so, watched on MotoGP.com on laptop.. not ideal.. I tried streaming the app thru air play w/Iphone (my macbook to old to support airplay) but the app interface not too great.. rewind and other options just put it into a stall.. not very happy to pay twice as much as the sports pkg on Directv for less visual quality. Please let me know if you see if BeIN sports gets back on DirectV
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Aaron D.

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5882
Re: NGC ATT/Direct TV beIN squabble Moto GP
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
Watched it on Chromecast/Videopass on my TV, superior to Bein in some ways. Same basic feed but more options and I can go back and see old races. I have not played with controlling onboard cameras etc.

 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here