Author Topic: Itchy Boots the movie  (Read 2793 times)

Offline steven c

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 4268
  • Location: Broad Brook CT
Itchy Boots the movie
« on: November 14, 2022, 10:04:09 AM »
 She reached her goal of the Artic Circle after 3 years. She covers the 3 years in this really well done hour and a half movie on youtube. My hats off to her.
https://youtu.be/LnzqRLETeDk
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado


75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Online pehayes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4806
    • Falcone Touring
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 11:37:44 AM »
Dang!  Its Monday morning and now I've nothing to look forward to.  :-(
I wish she had reported on what she did with herself and her bike after the Arctic swim?  Did she just turn around and drive back to Fairbanks without drama?  Did she hire a truck or bus to carry her and the bike back?   Is she returning the bike to the Netherlands?

Sure I'm eager to see the next adventure.  New Zealand?  Australia outback?

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline twowheeladdict

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »
I am hoping for New Zealand because that is one location where I might actually go and ride.

I don't follow her on anything but YouTube, but maybe she shares some information on her website, Instagram, or Facebook.  If she does will someone please post that information here?

She is truly a driven individual.  From her humble beginnings on the Himalayan with 3 to 5 minute videos to a movie length video in such a short time. 

2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2015 Yamaha SR400
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline normzone

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3159
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
  • Location: San Diego CA
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 01:28:43 PM »
I don't know how much she bonds with her bikes - it appears to me that she tends to ride them hard and replace them. And differing emissions requirements influence her decisions as well. But you are right, she could take this one home, I believe.
"If you rode and survived a Kawasaki 750 H2 then you are already a legend" - Thank you [Huzo]

Offline groundhog105

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 476
  • Location: Winchester California
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 03:22:47 PM »
Damn that is one gutsy girl.

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14338
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 03:30:33 PM »
Did we have a guy on a Griso that went there ?

Online grebmrof

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1120
  • Location: NE OH
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 03:48:41 PM »
I don't know how much she bonds with her bikes - it appears to me that she tends to ride them hard and replace them. And differing emissions requirements influence her decisions as well. But you are right, she could take this one home, I believe.

This bike was purchased in Holland, I believe, so I would think it could be easily brought home...but that wouldn't be cheap.  I was guessing she got it to that mechanic in Fairbanks that did some work on the bike for him to dispose of.  Not sure where she was going to fly home from, she never mentioned that anywhere.  I would think she has to get back to a major city for the first flight - Fairbanks or Anchorage???
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14338
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 03:59:12 PM »
I was guessing she got it to that mechanic in Fairbanks that did some work on the bike for him to dispose of. 
Seems a bit heartless..?
Bringing them back home is a big part of the fun.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 03:59:56 PM by Huzo »

Offline pressureangle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1026
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 04:56:43 PM »
Seems a bit heartless..?
Bringing them back home is a big part of the fun.

One of the deficits identified was that the transmission output shaft was worn. With 50k on it and hard maintenance ahead, I'm sure she'll sell it off- or more likely, it'll end up in a private collection. If I was advising her, I'd send it to auction and let the collectors sort it out.
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Online pehayes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4806
    • Falcone Touring
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 06:04:01 PM »
Did we have a guy on a Griso that went there ?

Well, maybe it was the Tasmania Breva 1100.  That made Prudhoe Bay and then also Central America.  Now sitting in my back yard.  Soon to go up for sale as a highly 'experienced' bike.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Online Huzo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14338
  • Location: Creswick Australia
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 06:41:18 PM »
Well, maybe it was the Tasmania Breva 1100.  That made Prudhoe Bay and then also Central America.  Now sitting in my back yard.  Soon to go up for sale as a highly 'experienced' bike.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Nah.
I bumped the old thread called.
“I’ve been away…”

Offline redrider90

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2488
  • Location: NC
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 09:43:20 PM »
One of the deficits identified was that the transmission output shaft was worn. With 50k on it and hard maintenance ahead,

I think I remember that video where he said to Itchy that he would have the part to fix the output shaft when she returned from Prudhoe Bay. She has an awful of money she put into that bike just in the last few weeks of her trip including a new rear suspension. My guess is she takes it home. She didn't like loosing a bike in Peru due to - closing down everything.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:47:05 PM by redrider90 »
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10044
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 06:39:06 AM »
 I-B groupies, uhg.   :rolleyes:
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29696
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
I-B groupies, uhg.   :rolleyes:

I'm a fan, my man..  :smiley: Noraly has much bigger cajones than we do..

Or maybe she is just crazy..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline normzone

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3159
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
  • Location: San Diego CA
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 01:03:50 PM »
Some of both, probably. She doesn't even appear to carry a sleeping bag.

I know it's a different world now than it was when I was a gypsy, and she has more charisma than I do, but in a pinch I could find overnight shelter in the middle of nowhere. She just relies on good fortune when all else fails.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:08:25 PM by normzone »
"If you rode and survived a Kawasaki 750 H2 then you are already a legend" - Thank you [Huzo]

Offline Seventy One

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Location: Winona Minnesota
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2022, 02:56:43 PM »
I-B groupies, uhg.   :rolleyes:

My friend thinks the bike is "worth a million dollars at the right auction".  :rolleyes:

I predict she sold left the bike with someone who'll part it out. It's really not worth anything.

Offline twowheeladdict

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 04:25:52 PM »
My friend thinks the bike is "worth a million dollars at the right auction".  :rolleyes:

I predict she sold left the bike with someone who'll part it out. It's really not worth anything.

I don't think so based on all her past bikes.

1st Himalayan bought in India in someone else's name.  She couldn't register in her name on the Netherlands so the Dutch importer traded her a new Himalayan for her bike with all the luggage to use as a marketing display.

2nd Himalayan shipped to South America, and left in parking garage in Peru.  Had it crated and shipped home a year later, but bike was not rideable.  She didn't say she parted with it.

Bought the used Honda 500 during the time that can't be mentioned here and still has it.

Bought the used Honda 250L in South Africa, and it now sits in a museum in South Africa, but she is still the owner. 

I think she keeps the Rally, bit may let it be displayed somewhere.  Depending on where her next adventure is, will determine what she does bikewise. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2015 Yamaha SR400
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline normzone

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3159
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
  • Location: San Diego CA
Re: Itchy Boots the movie
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »
Agreed - I don't think the Rally is worth the big bucks, but if I had a garage I'd give it a place. It could always tell tales to my Bassa after lights out.
"If you rode and survived a Kawasaki 750 H2 then you are already a legend" - Thank you [Huzo]


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here