This comet is being hyped as "the Christmas comet" on the local news, so I went to take a look, and will now review said comet.
The location is just to the east of the Pleiades, which is a cluster that is very easy to spot once you've seen it before. (The Pleiades are above and to the right of Orion's shoulder, with the bright orangish star Aldebaran halfway in between.) The comet is just to the east of the cluster, about 3 or 4 cluster widths away. It is extremely faint for me in my suburban non-dark skies, barely visible by averted vision using my 15x70 binoculars. It is pretty large in the binoculars, but still just a diffuse patch of light.
That's my review. It's hardly worth going outside for. I recommend everyone stay inside and work on their Guzzis.
If anyone has a more impressive view in a dark area, I'd be interested to hear about it.
Moto