New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
One question , the blurb claims 100 NM of torque , which is like 74 lbs ft . Is that a misprint , sure seems that much torque would result in a higher top speed than 28 MPH , and likely rip the rear wheel off that thing Dusty
I'm thinking the U.S. limits the "assist" to 20/25 mph to keep categorized as a bicycle. (not sure). These bikes are deemed "pedal assist".Here's a long distance cross/gravel/road bike from Specialized. The Creo. As with most e-bikes (mountain and road), the assist can be dialed in with an app (of course!) The app will regulate the assist to ensure enough power to get you to your destination.The main battery system is in the downtube of course.. The range extending battery is in the drink bottle cage area for quick change outs. This top-end model will set you back around $14k. You can get the base model for $8k.For those who appreciate exclusivity and the lowest possible weight, Specialized has a special treat: Strictly limited to just 250 bikes, the Turbo Creo SL Founder’s Edition can be pre-ordered for a price of € 14,499 ($16k?).There's an advert playing during "Tour de France" coverage that shows Phil Liggett easily pedaling past one of the top Tour riders whilst commentating on the race... LOL.
It's sad how H-D dropping Buell gave Erik a reputation for failure. Even worse is how that reputation then followed him to EBR. Buell's were great bikes with loads of personality and I thoroughly enjoyed every one I rode. I'll bet H-D regrets cutting Buell now that they are struggling to reach out to new customers and are currently having to design their own ADV, Sport and Electric bikes in order to do so. The greatest irony is that dropping Buell may end up killing H-D.
How many times does he have to fail before his apologists stop blaming Harley? I rode every generation of Buell except the last. That would be the one the liquid “cooled” one that tended to melt dipsticks they ran so hot. I think the XB series are the best motorcycles to ever have Buell on the tank. I also think part of the reason they’re the best is because Harley was able to dial back Erik’s hubris enough to make it happen. Hubris and a total disinterest in making money means he should never run another company again unless it’s strictly a design consulting firm. I’ve lost track but I think he has failed at least five times.The XB’s are really, really fun bikes. You can thank Harley for that as much as Buell.
I don't see where he failed. H-D certainly didn't do him any favors when they put weak cranks in his bikes. They owned 51% of Buell but never felt the need to make sure the bikes were good-to-go before putting them on the show room floor. I don't think the Buell crowd enjoyed the parade of recalls as much as the H-D crowd. Some guys LOVE standing around a H-D dealership while their bike gets sorted out.His biggest mistake was putting his name on the tank. Once he'd been saddled with an unfairly earned reputation for failure it was all over.
I’ve seen posts on Facebook claiming there’s a company in Wisconsin still assembling the bikes and they claim to have spare parts.