Author Topic: thank you, leafman60  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Daniel Kalal

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3256
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
thank you, leafman60
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:24:33 PM »
I removed my Stelvio front wheel and during that simple process, the axel spacer fell out.  Just to be certain, I checked the Guzzi parts manual to see which side it's supposed to be on.  The manual is clear that it's on the opposite side from the ABS ring and the opposite side from the threaded end of the axle--clearly, the left side is where it goes.

Nope; that's not playing.

I checked leafman60's installation guide from 2012 and he makes clear that it goes on the right side (flange out).

And, so it does.  Thank you, leafman60 (and thank you Luap for the search box).  It's perhaps a small thing, but that's what makes life better.

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: thank you, leafman60
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 04:50:40 PM »
I would be in deep do-do without the help of W.G. :thumb:

I have the suspicion Daniel that I would not be the only one!
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: thank you, leafman60
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb:

 Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29701
Re: thank you, leafman60
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »
I would be in deep do-do without the help of W.G. :thumb:

I have the suspicion Daniel that I would not be the only one!

Yeah, me too. Gotta love WG.. :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Online lucian

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3333
  • Location: Maine, Ayuh
Re: thank you, leafman60
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 06:17:35 PM »
Agreed, Leafmans tutorial on the carc swingarm saved me a whole lot of learning curve.  It's awesome here that so many people contribute .  Proud to be a member.

 Pass the hat. :wink:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:18:00 PM by lucian »

Offline Zinfan

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 792
Re: thank you, leafman60
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 12:43:17 AM »
Moto Guzzi has learned!  I had the same thought when putting my front wheel back on the V85 and a check of the manual shows it clearly on the right with flange out as is correct.  I have used many guides provided by the forum members in the past and they are a great help.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here