Author Topic: Proper Front M/C size for 2x F05 calipers? Floating discs on a 80's smallblock?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

  • Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3657
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
  • Location: Asheville, NC
You guessed it, I want to de-link my smallblock brakes when I upgrade to SS lines this fall...  does anyone know the proper master cylinder size to run this conversion?

I would love to also replace the front discs with floaters, but can't seem to find the correct discs & offset for my 84 V65sp

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:44:44 AM by Mayor_of_BBQ »
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline wirespokes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2414
If it's anything like my LM1000, the stock size works best with two calipers instead of just one. Try it and see. It is important to completely bleed all air from the lines otherwise lever travel will be excessive (seems logical, right?). But once bled, mine probably moves less than an inch.

Offline Frenchfrog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 936
don't think that there is a specific floating disc  for these bikes mayor....I know that the standard 300mm disc from a T3 will fit on the wheels of my NTX 650 but the caliper needs repositioning. I just got a set of 300 mm floaters fro the T3 from HMB but MG cycle have some cheaper ones at the moment -apparently the bobbins are permanently fixed  ,the braking surface unavailable separately and only 5 mm thick which is why i went for the more expensive ones.

Offline jacksonracingcomau

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2398
As FF said
Bb pattern is same so 300mm floaters easy with caliper relocation brackets, I did this with solid mount 300’s




Never seen 260 mm alternatives to oe but might be something about that just needs thickness adaptor ?

Master cylinder, orig Nevada one is perfect delinked IMHO, is “square” Brembo, pretty sure it is 13mm bore, has span adjuster screw against piston, for me best nearly fully out

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

  • Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3657
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
  • Location: Asheville, NC
I will look at the BB 300 disks...  I have a nice set of F08 calipers also, but I thought twin F08 & 300mm discs might be overkill once I got the brakes de-linked....  not trying to do nose wheelies lol
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here