Just posted an ad on CL, no problem, no charge. About the sixth one this year, been cleaning out the garage and tool shed. Not sure why there's problems down there but haven't heard of anyone being charged in Alaska. Don't know if they have Facebook ads here, since I'm not signed up.
A lot of Craigslist is free. Were you listing any of the following ?
All craigslist postings are free, except for:
- Job postings in US and selected CA areas—$10-75 (fee varies by area)
- Apartment rentals in Boston, Chicago, and NYC areas—$5
- Commercial real estate in the US—$5
- All for sale by-dealer categories in the US—$3-5
- Cars/trucks by-dealer in the US, Vancouver BC—$5
- Furniture by-dealer in Vancouver BC—$3
- Cars/trucks, RVs, and motorcycles by-owner in the US—$5
- Gigs in US and selected CA areas—$3-10
- Services in US and CA—$5