Author Topic: Home built E bike/failure? Merged thread  (Read 4676 times)

Offline guzzisteve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 13017
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Home built E bike/failure? Merged thread
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2021, 12:08:23 PM »
I seen a pic of a Eldo or Ambo turned lectric somewhere, might have been on the Ghetto.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"
Location: Planet Earth

Offline Moparnut72

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
  • Location: Quincy California
Re: Home built E bike/failure? Merged thread
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 04:52:21 PM »
EVs slow?  I was given a Zero as a loaner, darn quick. Surprised the heck out of me.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
Current Bike:
2026 V7 850 Special
1976 T3 disaster

Taking new riders for a spin:
2023 V100 Navale
2019 V7lll Special
2016 Audace
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online AJ Huff

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4264
  • Location: College Community IA
Re: Home built E bike/failure? Merged thread
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
EVs slow?  I was given a Zero as a loaner, darn quick. Surprised the heck out of me.
kk

I think it's kind of like the Aprilia Mana. People here laughed and sneered at the thought of an automatic motorcycle (even though the Convert is so we'll loved. I never understood that logic). Even the same parallel thinking with EVs about the NEED to shift. A belief that a clutch was integral to motorcycling. But the people who actually rode the Mana? They absolutely raved about them.

Sometimes you have to try it before you knock it.

-AJ
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Home built E bike/failure? Merged thread
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »
I think it's kind of like the Aprilia Mana. People here laughed and sneered at the thought of an automatic motorcycle (even though the Convert is so we'll loved. I never understood that logic). Even the same parallel thinking with EVs about the NEED to shift. A belief that a clutch was integral to motorcycling. But the people who actually rode the Mana? They absolutely raved about them.

Sometimes you have to try it before you knock it.

-AJ

My friend Leo owned a Mana GT and I rode it once - that was enough, didn't enjoy it. Love my Convert though...
Charlie

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here