Author Topic: Behave if going to Rome, Police get 100 new v85 police bikes  (Read 593 times)

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Behave if going to Rome, Police get 100 new v85 police bikes
« on: March 18, 2022, 11:55:49 AM »
Google translate:  The Local Police of Rome can now count on 100 new Moto Guzzi V85 TTs and this is only the first step in a broader process of modernization and strengthening of the fleet of vehicles available to the law enforcement agencies which will soon also see the arrival of 250 new hybrid cars that will be added to those already in use, in order to continue with the commitment that the Local Police has already started for some time to combine surveillance activities with increasingly green mobility.

(100) Moto Guzzi V85 TT for the Rome Local Police
Moto Guzzi V85 TT Honor Guard

(100) Moto Guzzi V85 TT for the Rome Local Police
The presentation ceremony of the new vehicles took place last Tuesday, March 15, in Piazza del Campidoglio, in the presence of the Mayor of Rome Roberto Gualtieri, the Commander of the Corps Dr. Ugo Angeloni, the Deputy Commanders of the Corps and the leaders of the Local police. It was then the agents of the GPIT motorcyclists department who, after the ceremony and the rite of the blessing of the vehicles by the Chaplain of the Corps, Father Massimo Cocci, made a first tour through the streets of the capital.

"It is with great pleasure that today we are starting to use the new motorcycles supplied to the Local Police in service - said the Commander General Dr. Ugo Angeloni - representing the Corps, the motorcyclists of the GPIT, the agents of the Traffic Emergency Group specialized in high-impact interventions especially with regard to city mobility. This is just a first supply of new vehicles, which will be very useful to provide an ever faster and more efficient service, in a path of renewal of the Corps fleet that will continue rapidly in the coming months ".

https://www.dueruote.it/news/attualita/2022/03/18/polizia-locale-di-roma-100-moto-guzzi-v85-tt.html
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
Re: Behave if going to Rome, Police get 100 new v85 police bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 12:25:43 PM »
Including a couple pics from that URL if one prefers to not follow the link:

Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Online john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »
Out of curiosity, I googled Rome Italy police motorcycles to try and see what they're riding now.  Umm, I'm not convinced that this guy hasn't eaten an Italian bike cop:

This looks more like it.  Frankly, if I were patrolling a large city like Rome, I'd prefer a lighter bike like a V85:

I'd still rather the Goose than these Beemers:

Anybody ID this one?:

They put all the fat guys on the Calis?  We do that in the civilian world, too!  :)   (Yes, I'm fat and ride a Cali.)

Ducati would be fun but I think the V85tt is lighter:

I think I'd prefer the Norge over the Beemer for highway work:

Geeez, they used MV Augustas, too?  Those are some stylish cops.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 04:37:45 PM by john fish »
He lost the run of himself.

Offline slopokes

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »
Parallel twin—Honda Nc750x—-maybe ??

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 04:53:04 PM »
Feeling kind of nationalistic...... .Italy should buy Italian bikes for their forces.

Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here