Author Topic: 2018 Piaggio MP3 500 Maxi-Scooter  (Read 397 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
2018 Piaggio MP3 500 Maxi-Scooter
« on: March 29, 2022, 07:01:00 PM »
Last week, I bought a MP3.  Grigio Matico.  It has a Leo Vince muffler that sounds like a constant case of flatulence.  :laugh:  It only sounds good like the 2 stroke guys would say "on the pipe".  It's heavy about 650 lbs. but the engine is tuned for performance from the factory.  It's to be part of the scooter rental fleet that I'll use for teaching the youngest to ride then move him up to larger displacement rides including the motorcycles.  2018 model.  2200 mileage.  The guy I bought it from dumped it at a stop.  Minor boo boo's but he scared himself off of it.  I think the original owner thought it was too heavy.  I fixed the left front indicator light.  Clean the dried white wax off the plastic and fixed the throttle.

It seems that the first owner had the throttle control reversed.  You had to push to open instead of the normal pull.  I reversed the cable linkages on the controller under the seat.  It has an dual open/close cables for throttle control.

It also looks like the rear brake will lock and that contributed to the 2nd owner dumping the scooter.  It has a foot brake pedal that will control all the brake calipers with standard scooter hand brake controls.

Overall, it is a good ride.  I don't miss the 2 wheel experience while riding it.  It does corner tight than a regular 2 wheeler.  The torque out of the big single is great for take-offs.   :thumb:

The PO posted on Craigslist at $6950 or offer.  I offered $5000 after pumping up the tires, gassing it up and jumping the battery to get it started.  He came back at my offer at $4500.  His reasoning was that he could see that I was a serious buyer and knew what I was doing.  NADA book shows $7565.  Low mileage at a low price.  What's not to like.

It's getting close to listing it to rent.  I'm going to add a trunk. 

Some the other features that are interesting besides the locking front end.  Under-seat courtesy light.  The other bike that I have with this feature is my 1973 V7Sport maroon.  Locking park brake.  ABS brakes.  Traction control.  I already mentioned the foot brake.  Comfortable seat for both.  Large trunk under the seat.

It's a fun ride.  🤙🤙🤙

From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Navydad

• Hatchling
Re: 2018 Piaggio MP3 500 Maxi-Scooter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 07:06:13 AM »
I have a riding buddy that has one in his stable. His biggest complaint is the weight seems to sit up high, but he rides it quite a bit.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here