Author Topic: Italian Terminology Question  (Read 4374 times)

Offline PeteS

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3773
Italian Terminology Question
« on: November 16, 2025, 09:26:00 AM »
I have set of Andreani Fork Cartridges for a V85. Not sure if I will install them or not at this point but reading the instructions they refer “grain” that appears to mean a set screw. That item is on the inside of the left leg clamp assembly and not visible with the front end assembled.
Is “grain” another word for set/grub” screw or does it mean something else? Instructions are not the best and the included tiny color photos aren’t much help. Clicking on instructions at the website just returns a 404 error.

Pete
« Last Edit: November 16, 2025, 09:26:42 AM by PeteS »

Offline Dr. Enzo Toma

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 710
  • Location: Colorado, US
Re: Italian Terminology Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2025, 10:17:35 AM »
"grano" is a set screw, so it may simply be a mistranslation from that
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 850 Centenario
2027 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport
MGNOC Member

Offline PeteS

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3773
Re: Italian Terminology Question
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2025, 10:58:22 AM »
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure.

Pete

Offline pehayes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4806
    • Falcone Touring
Re: Italian Terminology Question
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2025, 12:19:31 PM »
Just to collaborate.  I was recently working on a drive sprocket for my 500 Falcone.  The sprocket's securing nut is locked in place by a small, headless screw.  Just 5 or 6 threads with a slotted top for a screwdriver.  Surely what I would call a setscrew.  The parts manual refers to it as "Grano di fermo"  or  locking screw.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Online TN Mark

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1275
Re: Italian Terminology Question
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2025, 08:15:27 PM »
I ordered a new rubber diaphragm for the clutch and the brake MC reservoirs. The part description is ‘Whole Engine’ for the clutch rubber diaphragm.

If I get a whole 1400 engine for $7.77, I’ll take it!

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here