Author Topic: Getting out of the house (Eldorado video)  (Read 6382 times)

Online nick949

  • All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3270
    • Nick Adams Writing
Getting out of the house (Eldorado video)
« on: May 10, 2026, 12:11:00 PM »
Nothing special.
I just needed to get out of the house for an hour or two for a peaceful, relaxing ride.

https://youtu.be/FHxsB5gYuP4

Nick

Online jcctx

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1645
  • Location: Parker, Collin Cty., TX
Re: Getting out of the house (Eldorado video)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2026, 12:57:10 PM »
Wonder what the red light on lower left was about?????

Online nick949

  • All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3270
    • Nick Adams Writing
Re: Getting out of the house (Eldorado video)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2026, 03:30:20 PM »
Wonder what the red light on lower left was about?????

On my way back from 'out west' on one of my cross country trips I had to replace the coil. In the process I managed to cross-connect the wiring and shorted out the diode (or whatever) that controls the charge light. The alternator still works perfectly and charges beautifully, but the light is permanently on.

When I have the fairing on I have a small voltage indicator wired in, just in case. Without - I take my chances....

Nick

Offline Bob Wegman

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Getting out of the house (Eldorado video)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2026, 07:51:18 PM »
Thanks for the ride Nick
02 EV1100, 2010 V7 Classic, 80 Yamaha 650, 80 Yamaha SR500, 77 Yamaha XS650, 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, 66 Ducati 250 Monza(apart)
MGNOC # 20848
AMA# 548668

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here