Author Topic: Guzzi video  (Read 4649 times)

Offline John A

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5419
  • No way to slow down...
  • Location: Hager city ,western WI
Guzzi video
« on: September 07, 2026, 11:25:35 AM »
https://youtu.be/QIXJfk8HlsI?si=gG362IbtNQgRQSn-
A bs video with some good pics and videos.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline TN Mark

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2026, 12:49:36 PM »
Wow, a 29:43 video with over 29:30 spent bashing Moto Guzzi and Piaggio. A precious few reluctant seconds spent on Piaggio investing in a 10 year revitalization of the brand and the manufacturing.

This video is another clear reason to hate AI generated bs.

Offline TN Mark

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2026, 01:18:59 PM »
This is one of the better ones I’ve seen that actually show some encouraging Moto Guzzi history:

https://youtu.be/T0xApYcxo8o?is=D32kveekXuX24qxk

Offline SemperVee

  • My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1218
  • USMC Retired
  • Location: Seattle - ish
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2026, 03:15:40 PM »
 While the first video was slap dash and horribly misspelled, yes Ai, it had some interesting parts. But, Introducing the 105th anniversary with a new refurbished factory with No new models seems a bit of a let down.  It looks like a known harley davidson trick of "Anniversary paint stripe artistic cloisonne badging, as I remember one year and  NO ONE cares what numbered edition it was as there was always a new anniversary model of something in limited scope or gee gaw.  Guzzi seems to have chosen that path unfortunately.  It's a late summer sunny afternoon.. I think I'll got take my "lifestyle" Infernal combustion engine form of 2 wheel expressionsim out for a gallop or two.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2026, 03:20:36 PM by SemperVee »
56 years of Street Riding - All Brands
2007 MG Norge - VroomHilda
2003 Cali Hydro EV
2012 Victory CCT
2007 MG RED Norge
14 Harleys 2 VStrom 1000's
2005 BMW K1200LT, 81 R100RT, 73R/75/5

USMC Retired - Rider since 1973 - La Dolce Vita
Moto Guzzi - Making mechanics out of Riders since 1921

Offline John Ulrich

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5354
  • Location: MN & AZ
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2026, 10:29:54 PM »
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3231
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2026, 06:48:30 AM »
This is one of the better ones I’ve seen that actually show some encouraging Moto Guzzi history:

https://youtu.be/T0xApYcxo8o?is=D32kveekXuX24qxk

Beautiful architecture.

But whenever I see a manufacturer spending this kind of money on "art." I always wonder if the current management has lost their way.  A good illustration of form vs. function.

I suppose it is the classic battle between spending money on engineering, product Research & Development, or advertising.  Which one best serves the customer and ensures the companies future?

A never ending discussion....

1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

Offline TN Mark

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2026, 07:11:10 AM »
Much of the form of the architecture follows the form, and materials, of the bikes. Some hate the ‘leaning silos’. They actually represent the exhaust tips of previous Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

I’ve watched just about every video from the event I could find. The more I learn, the more I appreciate the work that was done and why.

YMMV

Offline SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3231
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2026, 08:02:00 AM »
Much of the form of the architecture follows the form, and materials, of the bikes. Some hate the ‘leaning silos’. They actually represent the exhaust tips of previous Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

I’ve watched just about every video from the event I could find. The more I learn, the more I appreciate the work that was done and why.

YMMV

I can understand and respect that viewpoint.  How to best keep large institutions alive over the long haul, will always have many differing opinions.

I can also imagine Moto Guzzi Engineers/Designers meeting during lunch with their respective tales of:

"I was told to reduce my airbox manufacturing cost by $5 per unit"
"I was told to reduce my engine manufacturing cost by $30 per unit"
"I was told to reduce my frame manufacturing cost by $40 per unit"
"I was told to reduce my seat manufacturing cost by $10 per unit"
etc. etc.
They figure a total cost reduction of $120 per bike, with 500 of that model bike sold per year.

Then they look at the pile of curved I-beams sitting in the parking lot, and one wise guy says:

"How much do you think it cost to bend each one of those I-beams?  Those bent I-beams don't make our motorcycles any better!!"

Architecture, art, and advertising are always fascinating expenditures!  Especially in regards to corporate culture/image.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2026, 08:04:15 AM by SIR REAL ED »
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

Offline TN Mark

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2026, 12:44:15 PM »
Multiple things are true at the same time. For companies as well as individuals. But, yea, every manufacturer is constantly looking for ways to cut costs.
Once humanoid robots are actually released, we'll all see just what their impact will be.
Pro Tip: near devastating to many positions.

I've never been to Italy let alone the Moto Guzzi factory. From what I've read and seen, many of the buildings were well beyond needing to be repaired and/or restored. Once a company makes the decision to rebuild or restore, the design and costs are in their court. I doubt any of the forum members were involved in those discussions. What I think about their decisions is mostly irrelevant.

Though I'm thrilled Piaggio has invested in the future of their Moto Guzzi brand.

Offline SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3231
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2026, 06:51:54 AM »
Multiple things are true at the same time. For companies as well as individuals. But, yea, every manufacturer is constantly looking for ways to cut costs.
Once humanoid robots are actually released, we'll all see just what their impact will be.
Pro Tip: near devastating to many positions.

I've never been to Italy let alone the Moto Guzzi factory. From what I've read and seen, many of the buildings were well beyond needing to be repaired and/or restored. Once a company makes the decision to rebuild or restore, the design and costs are in their court. I doubt any of the forum members were involved in those discussions. What I think about their decisions is mostly irrelevant.

Though I'm thrilled Piaggio has invested in the future of their Moto Guzzi brand.

True and well said.  I hope Moto Guzzi and Piaggio are successful.

Corporations like Moto Guzzi and Harley Davidson face a huge challenge.  Preserving a legacy/image, while not getting abandoned by the ever changing future and consumer tastes.

IIRC, Harley Davidson makes more money off their trademark (shirts, hats, etc.), than they do from motorcycles.  Cashflow from multiple sources is not a bad problem to have!



1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

Offline bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10045
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2026, 04:39:06 PM »
As funny as it would be, HD does not make more from shirts and chotskys than motorcycles.  This urban legend won’t die, perhaps someday it will be true?
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Offline SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3231
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Guzzi video
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2026, 05:51:07 PM »
As funny as it would be, HD does not make more from shirts and chotskys than motorcycles.  This urban legend won’t die, perhaps someday it will be true?

Did you remember to add in the income from Harley bras, panties and tattoo ink?
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here