New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
I think I listed a bunch of the reasons earlier in this that but I'm happy to go over it again. But yes it basically boils down to fewer hassles. Though I'm obviously not afraid of wrenching, I'm very much a practical turn the key and go kinda guy and want to minimize that in my life since it was pretty much my career and all I thought about 5-6 days a week 8-10 hours a day, for over 30 years. The 1tb smallblock immediately addressed a number of little niggling things I didn't love about the Guzzi smallblock. The simplified linkage and throttle body completely removed any need for periodic checks and adjustments. The air cleaner is under the seat and not tucked under the tank. Other than that one final run of the V7C most of the 2tb models had smaller plastic fuel tanks, the 1tb all came with 5.5g metal tanks. And when the 1tb debuted they listed a ton of changes to the motor and chassis from revised pistons to lighter wheels. So there are a ton of advantages. It was enough for me to finally make the move and I'm will happy with the bike almost 14 years later now.
Thanks Kev m! What years and models of the small block would fit the above requirements?It is always interesting to try to decode the love/hate relationship some have with their motorcycles.
I could write a book, but I think I'm retired from that now!The 1tb was introduced in late 2012 to the EU and much of the world markets and 2013 to North America. The MkI version of the 1tb ran through 2014 (EU)/2015 (NA).The MKII (V7II) was very similar, still Heron Head but contained changes to the engine mounting, and added both a 6-spd and abs/tc. It was a one year model 2015 (EU)/2016 (NA).The MkIII (V7III) debuted in 2017 and ran until the intro of the MkIV 850cc models. These are all Hemi Head motors. They all make more power and are arguably nicer fit and finish and are more polished. They are more efficient too which is weird considering more power and higher weight.The most recent model release is a new chapter with RBW and a larger, more sophisticated throttle body. I find all of these generations have their charms, but all are similar in terms of serviceability.
There was a post within a couple years that was dedicated to thoroughly diving into the specifics of the small block V7 series through the years. It was a pretty good post—maybe we dig that up and sticky it.
At this point it should probably be updated.