Author Topic: fin ringing dampers  (Read 3095 times)

redrider

  • Guest
fin ringing dampers
« on: May 07, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
I have four each, two per side. Do they go on at the cylinder, head, one on each or shared between both?

Offline John A

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5420
  • No way to slow down...
  • Location: Hager city ,western WI
Re: fin ringing dampers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
Yes.      Well to be serious I don't know for sure but I generally put them on the cylinders on the longest fins. Maybe someone with the real answer will chime in.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

redrider

  • Guest
Re: fin ringing dampers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:40 PM »
Guzziology

redrider

  • Guest
Re: fin ringing dampers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
Riding today was less clattery. I used 1 on each side.

LaMojo

  • Guest
Re: fin ringing dampers
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 04:22:27 PM »
You know - the faster you go, the further the noise will be left behind you.   8)

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here