Author Topic: Corbin Seat for EV on CL  (Read 4214 times)

Offline JoeW

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 2517
    • The Guzzi Doctor
Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:28:47 PM by JoeW »
Joe Walano

Offline T in NC

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2114
  • non e il rumore, e la musica
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »
Wish it would fit my 02?

Steve Stamilio

Offline GuzziPilot

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 211
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
So,

Corbin site indicates these seats will only fit 94-99 EV's.....and 94-01 Cal III's

So does anyone with an 01 or later EV have a Corbin mounted??  I called Corbin and they basically fell back on what the website indicates, but no concrete input from them. 

So, if they don't know or better yet don't know why, then best to ask what we know about their seats on our California's 👌👌

Much appreciate any & all input. 

Thank you!!!

Lee
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Offline mtiberio

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
    • TiberioRacing
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:24:02 AM »
my guess is it all has to do with the integrated passenger back rest. if you don't mind ugly (or fitting a cover, etc) it would probably fit most any california up to 2012.
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline GuzziPilot

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 211
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:13:25 PM »
Well,  I'll stick with my sheep skin until I know....

Odd, Corbin never offered to really address the issue......

I'll move to Ned's Seats when I have some down time with my EV....till then it'll likely be numb butt syndrome and frequent stops.  Truthfully, I've not even ridden the EV....delayed buy, fly & ride.....and staged for the National.  I just hope it's not as bad as my Jackal once was.

Any other input?????

Lee
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:27:44 PM »
The front seat mounts at least are different between the '90s and 00's.  IIRC the early ones have two prongs on the front of the pan to engage the tip-off front mount and the later models have slots in the seat pan and the prongs on the front mount.  I can't say about the latching or rear attachment other than there were bolt-on tabs at the rear, supposedly acting as hard mounts. 

I had one of the early seats.  It was not a direct drop-in on my '04.  The problems were all in the mounting, not in the dimensions.  The mod wouldn't have been beyond what I'd be willing to do to keep the saddle, but Christmas came around and I sent it to my kid for his Jackal.  The downside seemed to be that you'd not be getting the saddle off quickly if say -- the bike was on fire and you chose to save the seat.  It would be about the same time and trouble as unbolting and removing the tank.

Offline GuzziPilot

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 211
Re: Corbin Seat for EV on CL
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 12:00:42 AM »
The front seat mounts at least are different between the '90s and 00's.  IIRC the early ones have two prongs on the front of the pan to engage the tip-off front mount and the later models have slots in the seat pan and the prongs on the front mount.  I can't say about the latching or rear attachment other than there were bolt-on tabs at the rear, supposedly acting as hard mounts. 

I had one of the early seats.  It was not a direct drop-in on my '04.  The problems were all in the mounting, not in the dimensions.  The mod wouldn't have been beyond what I'd be willing to do to keep the saddle, but Christmas came around and I sent it to my kid for his Jackal.  The downside seemed to be that you'd not be getting the saddle off quickly if say -- the bike was on fire and you chose to save the seat.  It would be about the same time and trouble as unbolting and removing the tank.

Ahhhh..just hurts my butt even thinking about a multi day trip on stock seating...

Thanks for the info, would be easier if the bike were here with me.  I'll just wait till snow time...then again up here.....that could be next week😯😯


2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here