Excuse me, but I need to start yet another "breather hoses" topic. I know there are plenty already, but none of them apply to me.
I have two Cal3's at the moment. Both are stock, both run and neither leaks oil (not from the breather hoses and air box, anyway
). However, I found today that the oil breather hoses to and from the spine are routed different between both. Since I do not believe both ways can be correct at the same time, I hope someone can point out which version I need.
Both obviously have the large connection with ball valve on the engine connected to the top/front of the spine, anything else would be too crazy for words. The difference is in the smaller hoses.Version 1:
- The small front/upper connection goes to the Y-piece under the airbox. The other side of the Y-piece vents under the gearbox.
- The two rear/lower connections on the spine are connected to the cylinder heads, one on each.
- The small front/upper connection splits into two hoses, one going to each cylinder head.
- The right of the rear/lower connections is blocked with a rubber cap.
- The left of the rear/lower connections goes to the Y-piece under the airbox. The other side of the Y-piece vents under the gearbox.
I'm inclined to believe version 1 is correct, except that the hose on the Y-piece I have here does not fit on the (slightly) larger front/upper connection of the spine. However I do have a LeMans4 around which is routed in this same way, so it should be possible somehow. Judging from the maintenance history of the LM4 however, I do not want to accept its routing as a reliable source of information.
Any help is greatly appreciated.