Author Topic: Great Wednesday ride  (Read 935 times)

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
Great Wednesday ride
« on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »
Veteran's day... off of work!  And I'm a veteran!  Decided to take the V7 out for a long-ish ride or about 100 miles (nothing compared to the some of the iron butts here).  Last weekend, I found what 'might have been' the reason for some electrical issues I was having... namely, just poorly tightened electrical connections to the battery terminals.  For good measure, I fiddled with every little tab and connector I could find, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Seems to have done some good.  And I got to know the bike a little better.

Anyway, not a single stall (I did let the bike warmup before taking off), electrical or otherwise.  Just beautifully cool air and open roads in the San Diego back country.  Stopped a couple times, once to eat, and once to purchase a new pair of gloves from Cycle Gear... after which I had no hot start problems whatsoever.  The V7 ran smoothly, reliably, pulling like a tractor around the curved, mountain roads East of the city.  Man, I love this bike. 

Any little issues seem to be easily dealt with, and the smiles that the bike brings far outweighs them.   :grin:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here