New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
"98 EV motor with ignition points and carbs. This motor routinely got 50-53 mpg in my raT-3 and pulled smooth as silk in top gear from 25 mph on up. When it was injected in the EV it vibrated until over 70mph in top gear and rare got over 40 mpg.JB" Can anyone tell me roughly what the advance curve in the distributor is? ( deg advance at rpm starting point and full advance deg at what rpm) I am going to create an ignition map for a 15M ecu that mimics the mechanical curve of a Guzzi distributor, and fiddle with the injection map as well in an attempt to see if I can make my CalVin run like the '98 EV engine JB references above. Why not? GuzziDiag and TunerPro make it easy to mess with things I shouldn't mess with and its too cold to do much else. Terry
but I think the Ambo final drive is one of the best "looking" final drives in the history of motorcycles!
But seriously, a carburator is an amazing simplistic mixer with maybe more fuel/air ratio combos than standard EFI.
Looks good. With that much motor, thou shall requireth more brake.
Oh, I absolutely agree with you and Chuck about carbs and their attributes. To a fairly impressive degree they are amazingly capable of coping with different conditions and are mostly stone simple to maintain. BUT...I am stuck with this lump containing a decided lack of distributor hole (and drive gear) so next best time wasting effort is to monkey with the electronic systems I generally disdain. But I suppose even I can learn, so here I go. I've poked around for the last hour and have come up with a few advance curves from early Guzzis so I have a start point.
The 1100 has been succesfully converted to carbs and points though by jacksonracing, there's a thread on here somewehre titled 'luddite' something...
Currently writing maps on TunerPro like a madman,and trying to test ride in the winter weather. Builds character,lol!