Author Topic: Rick4003's T5 restoration/rebuild  (Read 39094 times)

Online Rick4003

• Guzzi Mentor
Re: Rick4003's T5 restoration/rebuild
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2019, 05:38:06 AM »
Thanks for the thread. Loved the hydraulic fab.  :thumb: :grin: :grin: Not that I've ever gone the long way around to cure a simple problem..

Indeed, changing the valve first would definitely have solved the oil spewing problem. But to my defense it would not have solved the possible blasting sand and rust inside the frame  :cool:
Moto Guzzi 850 T5 (850 sport) - 1985
Moto Guzzi Ambassador - 1967
Yamaha FZR 600 - 1996 - SOLD

Online Rick4003

• Guzzi Mentor
Re: Rick4003's T5 restoration/rebuild
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2020, 12:17:24 AM »
The Project isn't dead I have just been really busy with fixing up the old house in these corona times :)

I have been riding the bike quite a bit and I think I got the jetting close now. Still need to try and hook up the AFR500 and see what the air/fuel ratio actually is. Just for fun, the bike rides and pulls well now.

I had a problem with touching down with the sidestand in left hand corners like roundabouts and such. So took the exhaust off and modified/straightened the sidestand out so it tucks up under the exhaust better.

Old bendy sidestand that folds up if you take your foot off.

Moved the spring pivot point

Finished sidestand after powder coating.

The sidestand now stays put when you put it down and it tucks up very nicely. Now I will touch with the footpegs as the first contact.

When I took the exhaust apart I noticed that the link pipe between the two exhaust cans have been leaking a lot. I guess the original O-ring seal isn't up to the task, so when I put the exhaust back together I used some exhaust sealing goo and it is noticeably quieter now. The biggest problem of this new quiet is that I can now hear that my cam chain is rattling like crazy... So the bike is parked until I have time to fix this.

I want to mount a lighter flywheel at the same time as changing the cam chain, so I'll turn down one of my extra flywheels now and get that ready for installation.

Oh and I got myself a little 1037cc cylinder kit :) But thats a winter project :grin:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:20:07 AM by Rick4003 »
Moto Guzzi 850 T5 (850 sport) - 1985
Moto Guzzi Ambassador - 1967
Yamaha FZR 600 - 1996 - SOLD

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here