The Project isn't dead I have just been really busy with fixing up the old house in these corona times :)
I have been riding the bike quite a bit and I think I got the jetting close now. Still need to try and hook up the AFR500 and see what the air/fuel ratio actually is. Just for fun, the bike rides and pulls well now.
I had a problem with touching down with the sidestand in left hand corners like roundabouts and such. So took the exhaust off and modified/straightened the sidestand out so it tucks up under the exhaust better.
Old bendy sidestand that folds up if you take your foot off.
Moved the spring pivot point
Finished sidestand after powder coating.
The sidestand now stays put when you put it down and it tucks up very nicely. Now I will touch with the footpegs as the first contact.
When I took the exhaust apart I noticed that the link pipe between the two exhaust cans have been leaking a lot. I guess the original O-ring seal isn't up to the task, so when I put the exhaust back together I used some exhaust sealing goo and it is noticeably quieter now. The biggest problem of this new quiet is that I can now hear that my cam chain is rattling like crazy... So the bike is parked until I have time to fix this.
I want to mount a lighter flywheel at the same time as changing the cam chain, so I'll turn down one of my extra flywheels now and get that ready for installation.
Oh and I got myself a little 1037cc cylinder kit :) But thats a winter project