Author Topic: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$  (Read 79452 times)

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »
Eye rolling?  Really?


Such camaraderie.

I'll go to another forum.

 We are just kidding bud , no need to leave .

 Dusty

Offline Dogwalker

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 834
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2016, 03:58:40 AM »
14/03/16, press launch in Mandello.



Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24355
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

 :thumb:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline rtbickel

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Location: Dallas
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
Great looking bikes and I want to see one up close, but if experience tells me anything, the seats were designed for a 135 pound Italian test rider and will cause terminal monkey butt in about 15 minutes,  requiring immediate replacement.
2020 V85TT
2002 California Special Sport - The Black Widow
2014 California Touring - Stealth (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline Buddy Shagmore

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 82
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
The Triumph Street Twin lists at $8950. Too bad they didn't try match that with the V9. I plan on test riding both.

Offline kenvil1

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
  • Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »
Man, Guzzi just finished righting the motor on the V7 model, and now they've gone and tilted the whole bike back on the V9 model! Go figure. Seriously though, I hope they recreate the classic look of the V7 on a future V9 model.

Is the V9 bigger overall than the V7, or is only the engine of a larger displacement? As much as I like the V7, I fear it may be slightly undersized for me.

Offline Guzikid

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • *
  • Posts: 230
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
  Well, I am really looking forward to the V9's arrival here in my neck of the woods.......I think it's exactly what I've been looking for from Moto Guzzi.  I have often regretted selling my much improved Jackal with which I enjoyed many miles with.  The V9 is that (for want for better words) "simple" and straight forward machine that I've been begging for from Moto Guzzi for the last 10 years......and the V7 didn't impress me.  If the V9 lights my fire I'll be reaching for the wallet for sure !  I don't need nor do I want a hosepower king and I'm convinced, at this time and point, the V9 has everything I'll need for my few last years riding that I have left.   :thumb:   The Kid

Offline JeffOlson

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1643
  • Location: Oregon & Washington
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »
  Well, I am really looking forward to the V9's arrival here in my neck of the woods.......I think it's exactly what I've been looking for from Moto Guzzi.  I have often regretted selling my much improved Jackal with which I enjoyed many miles with.  The V9 is that (for want for better words) "simple" and straight forward machine that I've been begging for from Moto Guzzi for the last 10 years......and the V7 didn't impress me.  If the V9 lights my fire I'll be reaching for the wallet for sure !  I don't need nor do I want a hosepower king and I'm convinced, at this time and point, the V9 has everything I'll need for my few last years riding that I have left.   :thumb:   The Kid

That's what I like to hear! Enthusiasm and good feelings!  :thumb:

I am very interested, too. Although I am very happy with my Norge, one cannot have too many motorcycles (can one?).  :wink:
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline fossil

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 693
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2016, 02:01:28 AM »
The Triumph Street Twin lists at $8950. Too bad they didn't try match that with the V9. I plan on test riding both.

Well, the Triumph costs the same here in Germany (but in Euros). So it is cheaper than the V9. But: the details of the bikes are up to par, with a slight lead for the Guzzi for the first time (remember I had the opportunity to compare the bikes in naturam). And the Guzzi has a shaft drive.

So if the Guzzi would be cheaper then there would be the need to scrape at the quality. I think they choose the right way in their price-finding.

If I hadn“t the V7 Stone outfitted in a way that suits me perfectly I would be in the market for the Roamer in red at once.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:03:25 AM by fossil »
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Dogwalker

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 834
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2016, 04:30:46 AM »
Well, the Triumph costs the same here in Germany (but in Euros). So it is cheaper than the V9. But: the details of the bikes are up to par, with a slight lead for the Guzzi for the first time (remember I had the opportunity to compare the bikes in naturam). And the Guzzi has a shaft drive.
And the Street Twin is made in Thailand.

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2016, 05:59:55 AM »
  Well, I am really looking forward to the V9's arrival here in my neck of the woods.......I think it's exactly what I've been looking for from Moto Guzzi.  I have often regretted selling my much improved Jackal with which I enjoyed many miles with.  The V9 is that (for want for better words) "simple" and straight forward machine that I've been begging for from Moto Guzzi for the last 10 years......and the V7 didn't impress me.  If the V9 lights my fire I'll be reaching for the wallet for sure !  I don't need nor do I want a hosepower king and I'm convinced, at this time and point, the V9 has everything I'll need for my few last years riding that I have left.   :thumb:   The Kid

This is an interesting post.

What did you not like about the V7 that you think will be addressed by the V9?

Just curious.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline sign216

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4947
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
  • Location: Taunton, Massachusetts
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2016, 06:03:50 AM »
This is an interesting post.

What did you not like about the V7 that you think will be addressed by the V9?

Just curious.

My thought, exactly.
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2016, 06:31:21 AM »
Hey listen, I'm uh, just the messenger here, okay?  This is not Sparta, right? 

Newest and short MCN (UK) quick first ride and write-up.  They don't exactly sound like giant fans and while I enjoy their reviews and writing, I find them mainly a squid's paradise and generally more favorable to British steel than they deserve, so no surprise here as per their overall lack of excitement per se with respect to all their ink and lauding of the new Triumphs.


Launch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first ride
Published: Today 10:15

Launch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first rideLaunch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first rideLaunch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first rideLaunch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first rideLaunch: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer first ride1 of 5
This week Moto Guzzi celebrated its 95th birthday, which is quite a milestone and it is thanks to this long history that the company is currently going through something of a resurgence. The trend for retro bikes is playing into Guzzi�s hands and as a result of the success of the V7 models, the firm has expanded its range for 2016 with the introduction of the V9 Bobber and Roamer.

Both bikes share the same basic platform, but where the Bobber (black bike in the pics) gets wide 16-inch balloon tyres, the Roamer (red) has a large 19-inch front to give it a bit more of a cruiser style. Powered by the new V9 engine, which remains air-cooled despite being Euro4 compliant, these bikes are aimed at riders wanting to progress up from the V7 models or sample a Guzzi for the first time and as such are more cruiser than retro. Which is how they ride.

Guzzi has been very keen to keep its new V9 feeling authentic to the brand�s image and that�s exactly how it feels to ride. Give it a few revs at standstill and the bike lurches to the right thanks to the torque reaction while selecting a gear is a slightly clunky affair and accelerating hard unleashes a pleasing vibration and sound as the twin pistons thump up and down. It�s a proper Guzzi motor in both character and feel and one that fans of the Italian manufacturer will love. But will they appreciate the V9 models� handling?

Let�s not beat around the bush, both V9s are quite unique when it comes to their handling. The tall and wide tyres make the Bobber drop very rapidly into a corner and then require being held down to ensure it makes it out the other side while the Roamer�s 19-inch front feels ponderous to turn and vague mid-corner. These are quirky bikes and their handling reflects this trait, which will attract some riders and put others off. Personally I could learn to live with the Bobber as I like its styling and attitude, but I�d probably avoid the Roamer as its styling does nothing for me. Others will passionately disagree with my choice but that�s what Guzzis are all about.

These aren�t mainstream bikes, but that very fact makes them appealing to a select few riders. If that sounds like you, take a test ride on one and see if the spirit of Mandello del Lario flows through your veins.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:35:05 AM by bpreynolds »

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:31 AM »
I can't bitch about the MCN (UK) first look review. It sounds quite fair and unbiased.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2016, 07:23:57 AM »
Is the V9 bigger overall than the V7, or is only the engine of a larger displacement? As much as I like the V7, I fear it may be slightly undersized for me.

Ken, how big are you?

I'm 5' 10" 225ish and I fit the V7 just fine, though there's not a lot of extra room on it lol.

Here are some stats

V7 Stone 443# wet / 31.6" seat height / 57" wheelbase / 86" overall length

V9 Bobber 440#ish wet / 30.3" seat height / 58.26" wheelbase / 83.6" overall length


The Bobber has a hair more wheelbase, but a hair less overall length and seat height than the V7.

V9 Roamer 440#ish wet / 29.5" seat height / 57.3" wheelbase / 88.1" overall length

In slight contrast Roamer BARELY has any more wheelbase (?), but a hair MORE overall length than the V7, and even less seat height than the Bobber, which means a lot less seat height than  V7.

So I think all 3 are, for all intents and purposes more alike than different.


Though didn't we read that ergonomically they will have more room or am I mixing that up with the V7II?

Did an earlier post suggest for the V9 they undid the leveling of the motor and minor changes to the frame geometry that they made on the V7II (vs the earlier V7s)?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:31:51 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24355
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2016, 09:09:30 AM »

Is the V9 bigger overall than the V7, or is only the engine of a larger displacement? As much as I like the V7, I fear it may be slightly undersized for me.

They're built on the same frame.  The big difference is the change in seating position.  The V9 Roamer/Bobber foot pegs are moved forward and down from what you see in the V7.  V9 pegs are forward about where they are on the Nevadas, and downward because of the new lower frame rails.  The V9s have a much more relaxed seating position than a V7.

So, though the bike is "the same", the detail changes could make it more comfortable for taller riders, and riders with knee problems who don't get along with the V7's tight seat/peg clearance.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »
They're built on the same frame.  The big difference is the change in seating position.  The V9 Roamer/Bobber foot pegs are moved forward and down from what you see in the V7.  V9 pegs are forward about where they are on the Nevadas, and downward because of the new lower frame rails.  The V9s have a much more relaxed seating position than a V7.

So, though the bike is "the same", the detail changes could make it more comfortable for taller riders, and riders with knee problems who don't get along with the V7's tight seat/peg clearance.

I have a longish 32" inseam and am the first to bitch about any bike's lack of peg/seat distance (I present my 8V Griso as a sterling example of this pain), but with an airhawk I found the V7 perfect and much better than other standard bikes I've owned like the GT1000 and an MTS 1000DS even.  The V7's pegs were in just the right place for me and I can't imagine moving them forward - again, for me personally - would result in better fit for me; rather, if anything it would likely result in less comfort on my bad lower back.  But that's just one man's half cent of input.  Gorgeous bikes, they clearly are.

Offline kenvil1

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
  • Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »
Ken, how big are you?

I'm 5' 10" 225ish and I fit the V7 just fine, though there's not a lot of extra room on it lol.

I'm 6' tall and 215 lb. wide, Kev. I've only briefly sat on some V7s at bike shows, so without actually riding one it's not the best way to judge if the model is a good fit.

The suspension seemed rather squishy, though, how is that working out for you?

Quote
They're built on the same frame.

Thanks, rocker59, that says a lot. I thought maybe they had started from scratch with this one, but I guess it would cost too much.

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2016, 02:34:43 PM »
I'm 6' tall and 215 lb. wide, Kev. I've only briefly sat on some V7s at bike shows, so without actually riding one it's not the best way to judge if the model is a good fit.

The suspension seemed rather squishy, though, how is that working out for you?

Well, fit is a very personal thing so I can't even guess if it would or would not fit you. Obviously you got some impressions sitting on them and they may have told you what you need to know.

The suspension - that's a funny question. MANY complain of it being too harsh, not squishy. I thought it was adequate if not particularly comfy, but then I come from many a Harley (especially Sportsters) so my bar may not be set all that high in the first place.

I wound up with a very lightly-used second hand set of shocks that seemed to have improved it, but I'd never mistake it for something more sophisticated. But of course, I don't need anything more sophisticated so that works out.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kenvil1

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
  • Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2016, 03:09:28 PM »
I'm used to my Transalp 600, which fits me to a T, but I hanker for something with a more classic look, though I fear the generous suspension and leg room on the TA might have spoiled me.

Online bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10057
  • Location: Central Il
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
Ken, how big are you?

I'm 5' 10" 225ish and I fit the V7 just fine, though there's not a lot of extra room on it lol.

Here are some stats

V7 Stone 443# wet / 31.6" seat height / 57" wheelbase / 86" overall length

V9 Bobber 440#ish wet / 30.3" seat height / 58.26" wheelbase / 83.6" overall length


The Bobber has a hair more wheelbase, but a hair less overall length and seat height than the V7.

V9 Roamer 440#ish wet / 29.5" seat height / 57.3" wheelbase / 88.1" overall length

In slight contrast Roamer BARELY has any more wheelbase (?), but a hair MORE overall length than the V7, and even less seat height than the Bobber, which means a lot less seat height than  V7.

So I think all 3 are, for all intents and purposes more alike than different.


Though didn't we read that ergonomically they will have more room or am I mixing that up with the V7II?

Did an earlier post suggest for the V9 they undid the leveling of the motor and minor changes to the frame geometry that they made on the V7II (vs the earlier V7s)?

Interesting that the US specs for seat height are different than EU.  The EU says the Roamer has a seat height of a couple 1/32 under 31 inches  (785mm), and the Bober 29 17/32 (780mm)

Thats 1.5 inches lower for the US seat than, EU, what gives?
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2016, 10:06:48 PM »
Well, I don't think blatant mistakes on the website would surprise anyone. But good catch, we'll know the truth soon enough.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Guzikid

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • *
  • Posts: 230
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2016, 10:08:07 PM »
  Kev M,  I think riders look for that special.....just right for me motorcycle. Everyone has different tastes, expectations if you will.  I found the V7s I rode to be "bland" and I tried 2 different years and models.  I want a little more pizzazz. A more "lively" feeling in the ride with a quality appearance to the eyes to induce excitement everytime I reach for the handlebars.  With the V7 I was left wanting more.....substance?  I don't know how else to put it in any other words.  I do know I like very much what I'm seeing and hearing about the new V9s.  But, is it my crown jewel? Only a little while longer and I'll find out for sure.  Hope this answers your question.  The Kid

Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24355
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »
  Kev M,  I think riders look for that special.....just right for me motorcycle. Everyone has different tastes, expectations if you will.  I found the V7s I rode to be "bland" and I tried 2 different years and models.  I want a little more pizzazz. A more "lively" feeling in the ride with a quality appearance to the eyes to induce excitement everytime I reach for the handlebars.  With the V7 I was left wanting more.....substance?  I don't know how else to put it in any other words.  I do know I like very much what I'm seeing and hearing about the new V9s.  But, is it my crown jewel? Only a little while longer and I'll find out for sure.  Hope this answers your question.  The Kid

The V7 you rode just needed a set of uncorked Agostinis...   :bike-037:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2016, 10:14:44 PM »
  Kev M,  I think riders look for that special.....just right for me motorcycle. Everyone has different tastes, expectations if you will.  I found the V7s I rode to be "bland" and I tried 2 different years and models.  I want a little more pizzazz. A more "lively" feeling in the ride with a quality appearance to the eyes to induce excitement everytime I reach for the handlebars.  With the V7 I was left wanting more.....substance?  I don't know how else to put it in any other words.  I do know I like very much what I'm seeing and hearing about the new V9s.  But, is it my crown jewel? Only a little while longer and I'll find out for sure.  Hope this answers your question.  The Kid

Sure, it's all good.

One can't argue with that amorphic quality of feel or appeal.

Find your bliss!

I'm lucky that the V7 is mine!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline wymple

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1178
  • Location: SE Iowa
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2016, 12:00:48 AM »
Maybe it's just me misinterpreting the early signals, but it seems to me they have barely increased the HP over the V7, but maybe come up with a wider, snappier torque band? The engine revs very willingly up top, it seems.
I'd like to see the HP/torque charts between the V7 and the V9.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
I have a longish 32" inseam and am the first to bitch about any bike's lack of peg/seat distance (I present my 8V Griso as a sterling example of this pain), but with an airhawk I found the V7 perfect and much better than other standard bikes I've owned like the GT1000 and an MTS 1000DS even.  The V7's pegs were in just the right place for me and I can't imagine moving them forward - again, for me personally - would result in better fit for me; rather, if anything it would likely result in less comfort on my bad lower back.  But that's just one man's half cent of input.  Gorgeous bikes, they clearly are.

Refresh our collective memories, was your V7 a V7-II, or a Pre-II.   I ask, because the ergos are slightly different, with the V7-II having the foot pegs slightly lower.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »
Refresh our collective memories, was your V7 a V7-II, or a Pre-II.   I ask, because the ergos are slightly different, with the V7-II having the foot pegs slightly lower.

It was a standard '15 Stone, so pre-II.

Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24355
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:10 PM »
Maybe it's just me misinterpreting the early signals, but it seems to me they have barely increased the HP over the V7, but maybe come up with a wider, snappier torque band? The engine revs very willingly up top, it seems.
I'd like to see the HP/torque charts between the V7 and the V9.

plus, the new semi-hemi heads meet Euro-4 and will have room for further development...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Groover

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2945
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
  • Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: I'm Jonesing for a ride on the v9...Under 10K!!!$$$
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:46 PM »
The V9 is a different concept and will be a platform for customizing and individualizing.

Moto Guzzi plans to have various kits and lots of accessories for this model so you can make it unique and to your liking.

^ I heard that in an Italian commercial on YouTube.

Acce$$ories, Acce$$ories, Acce$$ories.


1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here