Author Topic: Moto Guzzi Hill Climber  (Read 1577 times)

redline

  • Guest
Moto Guzzi Hill Climber
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
I'm looking for a Moto Guzzi Quota...not a 'nice' or 'pretty' one, because I'll be making it into a competitive Hill Climber. I have a need to beat some of those HD Hill climbers! Perhaps a crashed Quota might be the best way for me to get one at an affordable price (donation/sponsorship?). The Quota already has 'dirt bike' geometry and enough suspension travel, as opposed to the LeMans Hill Climber I had (didn't handle so well in the dirt).
Randy Tefft NH MGNOC rep.
rt@ne.rr.com

Offline charlie b

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6941
Re: Moto Guzzi Hill Climber
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »
Search in here cause there used to be a Guzzi hill climber who posted some pretty good videos/photos.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Online Perazzimx14

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6487
Re: Moto Guzzi Hill Climber
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »
That's going to be a long driveline.

redline

  • Guest
Re: Moto Guzzi Hill Climber
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »
That Guzzi Hill Climber was me...! I used a LeMans...it handled awful (16" front wheel and all...). However, I did manage to place 3rd in the Championship points for the season!
At least the Quota is more of a 'dirt bike'...21" front wheel; longer travel suspension; better steering geometry; single throttle body (or perhaps I'll use a carb) so that when the bike goes down, the air filter(s) won't get all clogged with dirt/sand. I will not need any of the original bodywork (tank, fenders etc...) as I'll have it pretty stripped down.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here