Author Topic: Heat Shield on '03 Breva  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:26:27 PM »
Just thought I would throw this picture that my engineering friend came up with after my darling had ruined the heels on two sets of boots.




Made from fairly heavy grade perforated stainless. The cap screws that hold the shield on go through the perforated stainless underneath.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:48:41 PM by Muzz »
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
 Elegant solution  :thumb:

 Dusty

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »
I have been asked before whether it is a genuine Guzzi accessory. :grin:

On a long trip I will sometimes use the rear footrests, so it saves my boots as well. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

twowings

  • Guest
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 03:44:07 AM »
Me like! Nicely done... :bow:

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »
Bump

On request. Couldn't find where I have hidden the photo in my 'pooter but found the original post Graham.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:50:47 PM by Muzz »
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline drdwb

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1379
    • backfeelsgreat.com
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 07:11:10 PM »
Very nice.  I can see the need for this.
07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

Offline t3caligraham

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Location: West Sussex UK
Re: Heat Shield on '03 Breva
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »
Ah thanks Muzz.... I did struggle to find it when I first looked, not sure why.

Lovely job for the pillion pegs.  My problem was a little different it relate to the rider footpegs.  I took the first long-ish ride on the V1200 Sport into London on a charity run to Chelsea Barracks to see the Chelsea Pensioners. (Non-UK readers may want to look them up).  The ride was via some motorway miles and a bit of busy Sunday morning London traffic. 

On the way home my army paraboots, which I'm partial to riding in, fell apart.  The heels seemed to have suffered from heat, but the area around my heels is mostly engine / gearbox, so not exhaust heat.  Don't think I was resting my boots on any engine cases though.  Wondering if anyone else had a problem like this on the riders foot-pegs ?

Cheers Graham
V1200 Sport
Sold T3 850 California... fun with a sidecar

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here